Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI setup questions

Old 12-26-2009, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI setup questions

i have been doing some research and talking to some people about going FI but i still have some questions that i would like to be answered by more then one person.

1. I am going procharged and i am hearing about the seals going bad in them from pressure in the case...is it true,and if so how can i prevent this?

2. I want to build a motor capable of 900 rwhp,i will only be running 700 to 800rwhp..any suggestions on who to go to for a reliable build and a reasonable price?and should i stick with my ls1 block or go with a different motor?this will be a daily/street driven car in the Florida heat/humidity

3. for the horsepower i am shooting for should i o-ring the block?

4. what crank,rods,and pistons should i run?and should i run headstuds?

5. will i be able to use stock radiator with better fans added to it?

6. should i run a fmic for safety and extra cooling since i live in so much humidity and heat

7. should i run meth?and is it necessary

8. SDCE tensioner or cog drive for 6 speed car...as far as i have researched the SDCE is better for 6 speed cars

i am new to the FI scene and i am just trying to figure some things out...thanks for any advice and don't be afraid to give me your 0.02 cents

Last edited by 1slowM6; 12-29-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my experience... DO alot of research before you get started. Don't start anything until you have the exact layout of your build complete. Trust me on this... I ended up changing so many things mid stream that really added to my build cost. jmo.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can build the ls1 motor to handle 900whp, many run the factory crank but i would personally get a forged steel unit instead of the factory cast iron one. upgrade to h beam rods and forged aluminum 2618 pistons

it would be allot easier to archive the 900whp goal with more cubes but it will cost more money

it would be nice to o ring the motor, but i think with a set of heads that have a thick deck and arp head studs you should be fine for some time.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call us we're glad to help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FI setup questions