Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sponsors/members- post how turbos/centris/roots go together with pics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sponsors/members- post how turbos/centris/roots go together with pics?

this is a call out to all members and sponsors alike!

there are many questions posted about the turbos and superchargers themselves, how they work, how they go together, tolerances, is this good or bad FAQ's, etc. i usually watch those threads to learn more about these,,,, things,, for lack of a better term.

Please Dissasemble and reassemble one or more and take pics. looking for several different types of turbos, centrifigul, screw, and roots type superchargers, of all different brands. info on the dissasembly and reasembly is welcome, pics of things that are both good and bad ie bad bearings, shaft play, etc. How to rotate the housings of a turbo, how to diagnose internal problems, yada yada yada. you get the idea.

post up everybody!!! seems like this would be a good sticky too but im happy if its helpful!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some recommended books for you:

By Corky Bell:

Turbo: "Maximum Boost"

Supercharged: "Supercharged!"

By A. Graham Bell:

"Forced Induction Performance Tuning"

Between the three, most of your questions above are addressed. Then you could come back here and fill in the gaps.

Jim

Last edited by DeltaT; 01-13-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: re-read original post, corrected answer
Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ I know the info is out there, but the same questions seem to get asked anyway. I was thinking more along the lines of a thread on 'tech that way we can post the link or the people looking thruough the classifieds can use it for sort of a quick refrence. not to mention it would be a good place for the newbs to start before they ever started asking questions, i went through all the stickies before i ever even used the Search.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

nobody!? really!? BS!
Old 01-31-2010, 11:31 PM
LLC
Staging Lane

Stop looking for "tell me" and read a book or two. Most vendors and members aren't going to type out the equivalent of a book on a website for you. In other words, do your own homework and ask questions for clarity later.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LLC
Stop looking for "tell me" and read a book or two. Most vendors and members aren't going to type out the equivalent of a book on a website for you. In other words, do your own homework and ask questions for clarity later.
I don't think its for him..its for the general population so they don't have to take up bandwidth asking the same question over and over...your smart *** remark was very informative though..thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Launching!

thats a bad point to make when there are plenty of helpful stickys that you could easily figure out by doing your own research but they are there to be helpful.
i was wondering why there wasnt many stickys in the forced induction section myself that actually help with what im working on. ive got ALOT of questions and ive been going thru stuff for a couple weeks now trying to get all the info i need so i can start ordering parts. ive got a couple vendors who have been pretty helpful thru pm's
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LLC
not much of a reader are you? this was roughly 6 inches up the page from your post dumbass

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
^^^ I know the info is out there, but the same questions seem to get asked anyway. I was thinking more along the lines of a thread on 'tech that way we can post the link or the people looking thruough the classifieds can use it for sort of a quick refrence. not to mention it would be a good place for the newbs to start before they ever started asking questions, i went through all the stickies before i ever even used the Search.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LLC
oh and fyi if you go into the Auto Trans section, Circle D Performabuilt and Vince@FLTTransmissions do it all the time, at least once or twice a week, so do us all a favor and post something useful or shut the **** up.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Turbocharger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger

TwinScrew

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin-sc...#Superchargers

ROOTS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots_type_supercharger

Centrifugal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrif...e_supercharger

Read.

-Wade
Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

now were getting somewhere, thank you Wade.