Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got some Procharger questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some Procharger questions

I have a stock 346 ls1 and Im putting the EPP blower cam and ported 317 heads over this winter. The motor has 117k on it so Im replacing the lifters with LS7s. After some reading I believe I want 7.4 pushrods with this setup, is that correct? Im running this setup with an ls6 intake, LT headers, lid and the above mods over the summer. I know the 317s lower compression but with this setup and with them being ported as NA what sort of power would I make? After these mods i plan on getting a D1 kit(8 psi max) and I believe I should have everything needed for a solid running motor but if anyone has any advice on other parts (rockers,bolts, etc) that are NEEDED would be really helpful. Using the search doesnt always get me the exact answer Im looking for. Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 05:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by User_name
I have a stock 346 ls1 and Im putting the EPP blower cam and ported 317 heads over this winter. The motor has 117k on it so Im replacing the lifters with LS7s. After some reading I believe I want 7.4 pushrods with this setup, is that correct? Im running this setup with an ls6 intake, LT headers, lid and the above mods over the summer. I know the 317s lower compression but with this setup and with them being ported as NA what sort of power would I make? After these mods i plan on getting a D1 kit(8 psi max) and I believe I should have everything needed for a solid running motor but if anyone has any advice on other parts (rockers,bolts, etc) that are NEEDED would be really helpful. Using the search doesnt always get me the exact answer Im looking for. Thanks
The 7.40 pushrods are usually what we have ended up going with. Customer's have told me they have picked up 50 to 60 rwhp with just the installation of our blower cam, as some want to do the cam first while they save money for the ProCharger. We have used the stock rocker arms on most of our builds, we've never had a problem with them. I would use GM MLS head gaskets and ARP head studs. Bob
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
The 7.40 pushrods are usually what we have ended up going with. Customer's have told me they have picked up 50 to 60 rwhp with just the installation of our blower cam, as some want to do the cam first while they save money for the ProCharger. We have used the stock rocker arms on most of our builds, we've never had a problem with them. I would use GM MLS head gaskets and ARP head studs. Bob
I actually think it is more power than 50-60 with your cam.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Would arp head bolts be fine instead of the studs? I called texas speed asking about the heads/cam gasket kit and they told me the bolts would be fine especially with the limited space under the cowl
Old 01-24-2010, 06:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Would arp head bolts be fine instead of the studs? I called texas speed asking about the heads/cam gasket kit and they told me the bolts would be fine especially with the limited space under the cowl
I'd use the head studs, which can be installed with your shortblock installed in the car. Head studs place less stress on the threads in your block, and are not a one time use as head bolts are. Bob
Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Ok bob thank you for the info. For the past couple weeks Ive tried to call, email and pm you but I never get any responses. I need some more help with my build and info on parts. If you could get back to me soon it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Ok bob thank you for the info. For the past couple weeks Ive tried to call, email and pm you but I never get any responses. I need some more help with my build and info on parts. If you could get back to me soon it would be appreciated. Thanks
Thanks, I'm going to try to get to my pm's today and return the phone calls. I have over $100,000 in inventory at the shop and I decided several weeks ago to put some of it on Ebay. Last week I shipped out over 100 items, and currently I have over 300 items listed on Ebay. It has taken up more of my time than I expected it to. Diane, who works at the shop and answers the phone a lot of the time, has been sick with the flu for the last couple of weeks, which has put me way behind. Bob