Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

s-10 with 5.3 & front mount???? anyone?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s-10 with 5.3 & front mount???? anyone?!?!?

i am wanting to do a 98 s-10 with a 5.3 swap... i know those are fairly straight forward but i am palnning to go over the top. with a 76mm front mount turbo... has any one done this? i am trying to figure the easiest way to do the hot side... not sure if the truck manifold would work... i am thinkin that maybe a log style manifold would be the easiest thing to make... ideas please.... if some one has done this PLEASE help out my planning..
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
TECH Addict

My friend has a 6.0 in his bagged xcab. Theres even less room in the engine compartment than an fbody. I suppose if you cut the rad support and shoved the radiator all the way to the front, then put a reinforcement in over the top, then and only then, would you be able to fit a turbo under there. lol. A supercharger would fit a toooon better!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Teching In

I'm doing a front mount T-76 in my 96 s-15 I will let you know more when my manifold
get here.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 AM
TECH Regular

Im building turbo set up for my first gen s-10. With the carbed small block thats in there now I can fit a big single pretty easy. Im going to wait until the L92 is in before I decide between a single or twins but there is a pretty good amount of room for either, my biggest concern at this point is down pipe sizing on a single. and yes, moving the radiator to the "forward" position helps a bit as well for a hot side cross over or cold side piping. Log manifolds would work pretty well built for the truck, but I think ill be running either the stock truck manifolds pointing up or these https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-kit-pics.html not sure how the passenger side will work though, I might just buy one and see
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Extremetoy on here has an 01' with a front mount tc76. He built headers for it with his downpipe going out the drivers fender. Also, my syclone and typhoon are pretty close to what you would be doing too. I made headers for both, still finishing the typhoon though. The is room in there, just got to know how to use it and how to control the under hood temps
Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

tons of help guys... i cant look at the pics here at work but i know i will be doin lots of studying when i can look at them... you guys have a problem with getting a PM if i have a quick question?? i like those w body manifolds!

glad to hear its not impossible i know if there is a will there is a way... and it will shock the **** out of some people that think its just s lil 4 banger.. haha

goin to look at a 2000 extreme this week 83k 2.2 5 speed.. 2500... STEAL!!
so i would drive it while getting everything ready..
the plan is 5.3 with some worked ls1 241 heads (pulled off my gto) t76 and th400... once its up and running i will probably do a built motor to have ready but it seems the 5.3 is close to bulletproof lol