Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger kit for LS1 F-body..

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Magnacharger kit for LS1 F-body..

Has anyone seen a kit/setup for a LS1 F-body Car?

I know the main components for the GTO Kit they offer can probably be used..for me I would need the Super Charger setup for the LS3, but with the GTO Kit..
Old 02-14-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kit used is a Corvette kit. The GTO one will not work it sits on the manifold different and does not fit into the cowling as well as the Vette one. If you build your own kit you need to cut the cowl, need to fab a snout to your TB and install a different tensioner. You want a MP112 I/C or not. If you find one without a I/C use meth. Most have talked about using a MP122 but I have yet to see one. Several of us on here have done it before. MTI offers a kit and so does LM Speed. I have pictures of mine on my website, just click the link in my sig and look where it says Magnacharged SS.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't Trick Flow have a kit out for F-Bodies?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Basically what I was sayin is I have L92/LS3 Heads..so I need the Charger Unit for them type of Heads, and since I have an F-body, I would need the Pulley setup the GTO uses.

It would be expensive..no doubt.

Kenne Bell is workin on one for the new Camaro..there again same Heads I have.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
The kit used is a Corvette kit. The GTO one will not work it sits on the manifold different and does not fit into the cowling as well as the Vette one. If you build your own kit you need to cut the cowl, need to fab a snout to your TB and install a different tensioner. You want a MP112 I/C or not. If you find one without a I/C use meth. Most have talked about using a MP122 but I have yet to see one. Several of us on here have done it before. MTI offers a kit and so does LM Speed. I have pictures of mine on my website, just click the link in my sig and look where it says Magnacharged SS.
no linky big bro
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

I did not see your thing about using LS3 heads I completely missed that. The GTO blower has not been used on the F Bodies. The ones used are Corvette Maggies. The lower manifold on the Maggie for the Corvette is the one you want. The Eaton itself is the same. Its the lower manifold with or without the I/C and where its positioned on it to clear. The GTO manifold IIRC sits it farther forward and teh accessories get in teh way of teh TB or the other way around. Not to mention the GTO never had a LS3 in it stock to my knowledge, and no kit was specifically made for an LS3 engien in a GTO. Therefore its not going to work with LS3 heads anyway. You'll need a LS3 lower manifold from a C6 corvette kit. I do not know if they made MP112 MP122 kits for the LS3 I think they may have just went straight to the TV S series. someone from magnacharger should be able to clear that up. No one to my knowledge has fit a TVS style Eaton or magnacharger under the F Body yet they are bigger then before. If tis fabbing you need to do, you may be the first to do so.

Trickflow is just another rebadged Eaton Kit, its not different then a Magnacharger really IMO. All the Eaton style kits are custom kits either home built or modified Corvette Kits from LM Speed or MTI in GA.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ail-order.html
Old 02-14-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
Basically what I was sayin is I have L92/LS3 Heads..so I need the Charger Unit for them type of Heads, and since I have an F-body, I would need the Pulley setup the GTO uses.

It would be expensive..no doubt.

Kenne Bell is workin on one for the new Camaro..there again same Heads I have.
I'm interested to see if you can find a way to make this work. Because I'm going with the LS3/L92 topend on my LQ4, and have always loved roots blowers, but just kind of ruled it out going with this topend in an Fbody.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:46 AM
11 Second Club

^^It's just an idea at the moment..
I did not see your thing about using LS3 heads I completely missed that. The GTO blower has not been used on the F Bodies. The ones used are Corvette Maggies. The lower manifold on the Maggie for the Corvette is the one you want. The Eaton itself is the same. Its the lower manifold with or without the I/C and where its positioned on it to clear. The GTO manifold IIRC sits it farther forward and teh accessories get in teh way of teh TB or the other way around. Not to mention the GTO never had a LS3 in it stock to my knowledge, and no kit was specifically made for an LS3 engien in a GTO. Therefore its not going to work with LS3 heads anyway. You'll need a LS3 lower manifold from a C6 corvette kit. I do not know if they made MP112 MP122 kits for the LS3 I think they may have just went straight to the TV S series. someone from magnacharger should be able to clear that up. No one to my knowledge has fit a TVS style Eaton or magnacharger under the F Body yet they are bigger then before. If tis fabbing you need to do, you may be the first to do so.

Trickflow is just another rebadged Eaton Kit, its not different then a Magnacharger really IMO. All the Eaton style kits are custom kits either home built or modified Corvette Kits from LM Speed or MTI in GA.
You are kinda missin what I said man..

I would need the Blower Unit from a 2010 Camaro, and the Pulley/Acessory setup from the GTO Kit.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

They will make the kit for you, but you have to call them. I've seen mixed kits; GTO kit for LS3 heads. Leftcoast32 (Joe) does it all the time.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by the_merv
^^It's just an idea at the moment..

You are kinda missin what I said man..

I would need the Blower Unit from a 2010 Camaro, and the Pulley/Acessory setup from the GTO Kit.
No I have not missed anything. I heard you. My suggestion is to sell those heads and get a good set of ported 243's or AFR's or what ever that is made for a LS1/LS2 application instead of wasting your time trying to make this work especially if a budget is not a concern.

First stop thinking about using a GTO assy. You are trying to put a Magnacharger onto a set of LS3 heads, that are on a LS1 in a LT1 car. That is the least of your worries. You can call all the venders you want lol, I serious doubt that specific setup has been done. LS3 heads with a TVS1900 or TVS2300 in a GTO, Corvette, Denali, Silverado, SSR has the room to play with with the Maggies. Especially since they all have kits made for that application. The only kits made to fit in the 98-02 F body is a hybrid of the C5 Corvette Maggie using a MP112 which is smaller. And to be honest I am not so sure they even made a manifold for the MP Series to fit the LS3 heads. That is your first issue. The TVS is bigger and you will have to cut alot more. Also some of the f body kits with teh maggies have to cut thier hood so it does not hit the TB. You having a LT1 that slopes alot more on the nose may damn near need a hole up there. So this will require you to lower the K member more then likely as well.

Your real problem is not getting a Maggie onto LS3 heads. Thats the easy part the TVS1900 or TVS2300 they offer have manifolds that do that. Its fitting a Maggie onto LS3 heads, on a LS1, in a LT1. Accessory drive from a GTO is a mute point. Especially since you have no idea if the jackshaft of the Maggie will line up with the GTO accessories. Just because they are the same family engine does not mean the spacing away from the engine with the belts is the same. For example, Mezier Electric Water pumps from a LS2 Corvette have to be spaced out alot from my LS2 TBSS just to line up the belt system. Makign teh accessory drive from anything is a task in itself. If you buy and somehow make a TVS1900 from a 2010 Camaro fit. Your best bet would be to use a accessory drive from a 2010 Camaro.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

It was an idea I was just pondering..the cost probably would definately out-weigh the fun..lol
Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh yea cost would kick you down. Takes the fun out of it. Not rying to knock the idea at all. Its just alot of work, and with your 408/l92 setup the only one that would fit under the hood is a MP112, and you will be pushing its limits and would have to over spin it to get much out of it. The TVS could do it, but man it would be a tight fit and require some hacking. A turbo or D1SC or bigger S/C would be your best bet. Either way good luck If you really wanted to do it, it can be done. But the cost would not make it much fun when your done.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Oh yea cost would kick you down. Takes the fun out of it. Not rying to knock the idea at all. Its just alot of work, and with your 408/l92 setup the only one that would fit under the hood is a MP112, and you will be pushing its limits and would have to over spin it to get much out of it. The TVS could do it, but man it would be a tight fit and require some hacking. A turbo or D1SC or bigger S/C would be your best bet. Either way good luck If you really wanted to do it, it can be done. But the cost would not make it much fun when your done.
I agree, the 112 would be hindering the larger engine set-up. A TVS 2300 would be a good way to go, if you had the desire to cut out what was required to make it fit. A ProCharger F-1A would be much easier of a fit, it is literally a bolt on. Bob
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

this is why i'm doin a 408/243 set-up with a HTV2300 wish me luck man!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

I stand corrected on one thing, someone has used a GTO Maggie, but it was for the LS1/LS2 heads. It was a custom one off, the guy was selling it in the for sale section a while back. Its the only one I know of personally.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

It was me who used the GTO 112 on my Black SS...I sold the kit to a guy in North Carolina...who says the GTO-122 don't fit..I purchased a 122, overdriven rear pulleys, 60lbs injectors, dual pass heat exchanger..am it's working awesome on my 408. Pushing about 8-9 lbs of boost..believe me ita a blast to drive..I am
also selling this kit because I'm getting ready to close on a house n need some cash...I will sell it for $5000.00 shipped...Includes everything...You do need to cut the cowl a lil bit though..I made some spacers out of steel to lower the kmember..included as well...kit is based off a GTO MP122 kit..60lbs injectors..overdriven rear pulley setup..dual pass heat exchanger..reservoir..coolant pump..etc....
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marine02ss
It was me who used the GTO 112 on my Black SS...I sold the kit to a guy in North Carolina...who says the GTO-122 don't fit..I purchased a 122, overdriven rear pulleys, 60lbs injectors, dual pass heat exchanger..am it's working awesome on my 408. Pushing about 8-9 lbs of boost..believe me ita a blast to drive..I am
also selling this kit because I'm getting ready to close on a house n need some cash...I will sell it for $5000.00 shipped...Includes everything...You do need to cut the cowl a lil bit though..I made some spacers out of steel to lower the kmember..included as well...kit is based off a GTO MP122 kit..60lbs injectors..overdriven rear pulley setup..dual pass heat exchanger..reservoir..coolant pump..etc....
so u have this kit now or the guy in N.C.?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

LM Speed emailed me some nice links on youtube for their HTV2300 LS1 F-body kit.
It's complete they told me, but it cost $7,495.00. But i bet it must be a torque monster
on the street. They rate it at 600 rwhp on a stock f-body. The one pic looks like it fits
pretty nice.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

NO I had a MP112 first that I installed on my car.. then I sold that one to the guy in North Carolina... then I purchased a MP122 which is currently on my car....

Quick Reply: Magnacharger kit for LS1 F-body..