Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Engine rebuild for P-1SC-1, share your thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine rebuild for P-1SC-1, share your thoughts!

I'm going to install P1-SC-1 kit in couple of months and do all supporting mods also. Engine is coming out and I'm planning following:

Engine gasket kit from sealed power
APR head bolt kit
Clevite cam & main bearings
LS7 lifters
Comp chromemoly pushrods
Patriot dual gold valve spring kit
Comp rocker arm trunion upgrade
Siemens deka 4 60 lb/hr high impedance injectors
Walbro in-tank 255 lph fuel pump
Innovate LC-1
Autometer fuel pressure, boost and oil pressure gauges
Alkycontrol water/methanol

And now to the most important question. What about pistons and connecting rods? I have done alot of searching and based on what I have read I think that forged pistons and stock balanced rods with new bearings and ARP bolts should make a reliable combination. What do you guys think? I would like to be around 550 rwhp. Transmission is build to handle alot and I also have a Vigilante converter. Other mods listed below.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with stock crank but upgrade to aftermarket rods and pistons. Comp star rods appear to be a good buy along with Diamond or Wiseco pistons. My view is a forged steel rod is good insurance - especially if you have torn the engine down anyway.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COPO9560
Go with stock crank but upgrade to aftermarket rods and pistons. Comp star rods appear to be a good buy along with Diamond or Wiseco pistons. My view is a forged steel rod is good insurance - especially if you have torn the engine down anyway.
I agree, and if cost is a factor I'd go with keeping the factory rockers and replace the connecting rods. Check this build out, it is pretty close to what you're looking to do. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=54 Bob
Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EPP Automotive Performance
I agree, and if cost is a factor I'd go with keeping the factory rockers and replace the connecting rods. Check this build out, it is pretty close to what you're looking to do. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=54 Bob
Thats one hell of a car you have build! Yes I'm on a budget here, but I don't want to save from the wrong places and end up tearing engine apart because I have been cheap. The engine was open a year ago and factory hone marks were clearly visible, so should stock bore forged pistons be ok? So I don't need aftermarket rockers? I have read about needle bearings breaking and destroying engine.

Could you pm me an offer for the following parts (or similar) if found from your inventory? Shipping quote to Lappeenranta 53900 Finland, Europe would be nice too.

Engine gasket kit from sealed power
APR head bolt kit
Clevite cam & main bearings
LS7 lifters
Comp chromemoly pushrods
Patriot dual gold valve spring kit
Comp rocker arm trunion upgrade
Siemens deka 4 60 lb/hr high impedance injectors
Walbro in-tank 255 lph fuel pump
Innovate LC-1
Forged pistons and rings
Forged rods