Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech mondo vs ATI enclosed rave valve?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vortech mondo vs ATI enclosed rave valve?

Hey guys, would like to hear from people using one of the mentioned bypass valves. Considering one the two to handle about 20psi with my set up. My main concern is during low speed driving when not in boost I don't want that "street sweeper" sound that has people turning heads to see what the heck is coming!
I have read you can quiet down the mondo with an air filter, but many have reported o-ring failure with this unit. The ati is much better constructed, but not sure if anyone has added a filter to the enclosed model.
Can anyone share some opinions on these two models?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go with the ATI unit. Very nice construction, and I've never heard of one messing up. People are going to heaar that paxton over the BPV anyway lol
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Go with the ATI unit. Very nice construction, and I've never heard of one messing up. People are going to heaar that paxton over the BPV anyway lol
The paxton novi actually is a very quiet blower, to the untrained ear you would not know what lurks under the hood. Maybe I could connect a 2-3" hose and filter on to the ATI valve to somewhat muffle the sound. I wonder though at full boost if it will fly off

Old 02-19-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

My Mondo is silent - I have it dumping back to right at the blower inlet. Never have heard anything nor have I had any probs. Planning to use the same setup on this new 421/YSi setup. The Mondo is good for about 600cfm

Jim

Quick Reply: Vortech mondo vs ATI enclosed rave valve?