Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best working/looking turbo blanket

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best working/looking turbo blanket

What are you guys using for turbo blankets? Is there any certain one, or brands to stay away from? I noticed some wicket temps on the top of my fiberglass hood and i want do something before it messes up my paint. I ordered some adhesive reflective insulating mat to stick under the hood, but I'm not sure how well that will work. I may have to go ahead and insulate the turbine housing.

I was also looking at the Swain tech. white lightning coatings. Any feedback on this route?

Thanks,
Frank
Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted One
What are you guys using for turbo blankets? Is there any certain one, or brands to stay away from? I noticed some wicket temps on the top of my fiberglass hood and i want do something before it messes up my paint. I ordered some adhesive reflective insulating mat to stick under the hood, but I'm not sure how well that will work. I may have to go ahead and insulate the turbine housing.

I was also looking at the Swain tech. white lightning coatings. Any feedback on this route?

Thanks,
Frank
LS2Formula has Swaintech and Lava blankets. You can touch the blanket after a pass.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 PM
9 Second Club

I bought one from forcedinductions.com I don't know the brand

I have had it on my 9 second daily driver for several years. It doesn't look pretty or anything, it's grey.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Launching!

i have a this one http://www.nimbusmotorsport.com/secu...rbo-250(1).jpg
works great, very tight fight if you have a limited amount of space but a lil pricey and not the nicest color. Overall im happy with it
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

I use the one from forcedinductions.com also. It has been thru hell and back and is still solid and works perfectly. My exhaust housing is a 1/4" away from my plastic fan shroud. The cover is stufd in between them and there is no heat damage to the shroud. I have even blown an exhaust wheel apart and it blew up the housing. The blanket lived and saved all kinds of parts. Probably one of the best items I have purchased.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

forcedinductions here too, looks fine to me and obviously from what everyone has said it works great

Quick Reply: Best working/looking turbo blanket