Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What is a basic bolt on s/c kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Default What is a basic bolt on s/c kit?

So ive been drooling over supercharged cars for awhile and I REALLY wanted a maggie but after being told and seeing all the mounting issues for a mag in an fbody ive started looking elsewhere. Im basically wanting a basic lower level s/c kit running low boost. Im not looking for a ton of hp, just a decent gain. The vortech kits seem to be fairly budget oriented but frankly i hate the way it looks under the hood. I like everything about the procharger kits, is the D1 the smaller head unit for these cars or is there a lower one? Dont need a huge explanation as its a few months yet down the road and im just tossing around ideas.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The P1SC is the smaller head unit. You might be able to find a used kit for 3K plus. Look up the stickey up top for stock bottom end reliability list. What else do you want to know?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I plan on putting BBK or pacesetter lt's on it with a 3" ORY through a gmmg chambered back to a cme. Im also planning on sticking with the 4l60e but having a local shop build it up and install a converter, most likely a yank converter. Would a 3200 stall be sufficient to get decently respectable performance out of the p1sc setup while having good street manners? I plan on running this all by the local shop here in a few weeks but id like to have some idea of what im talking about first. I have a ticking noise he has to check out before I can do anything.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Thats a good start. Dont forget about a cam, fuel system and a good tune. What are you looking to make?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Thats a good start. Dont forget about a cam, fuel system and a good tune. What are you looking to make?
I don't think he should worry about a camshaft, unless he is looking to put down over 500. I do agree that you will have to look into a upgraded fuel setup (pump, hotwire kit, injectors) and tune.

The 3200 stall is a good choice.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill definately be looking into a better fuel setup, bigger pump and bigger injectors. Im going to have brett at xp racing here in the city tune it. I also have a friend that works at deatschwerks so ill be using their injectors. Whats a hotwire setup? As for cam as of right now im not going to worry about it. Later down the road I may look into a custom cam.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I plan on putting BBK or pacesetter lt's on it with a 3" ORY through a gmmg chambered back to a cme. Im also planning on sticking with the 4l60e but having a local shop build it up and install a converter, most likely a yank converter. Would a 3200 stall be sufficient to get decently respectable performance out of the p1sc setup while having good street manners? I plan on running this all by the local shop here in a few weeks but id like to have some idea of what im talking about first. I have a ticking noise he has to check out before I can do anything.
You can definitely get some good performance out of the P1SC and still maintain good street manners. There's a guy out here who was able to get 6xx rwhp out of his P1SC on a forged 346 (if I'm not mistaking). I'm currently running a P1SC on my car along with a TR 224/227 "split pattern" cam my car easily sees well over 40+ miles a day and I really don't get into boost until about 80mph with a M6 along with stock gears.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Ill definately be looking into a better fuel setup, bigger pump and bigger injectors. Im going to have brett at xp racing here in the city tune it. I also have a friend that works at deatschwerks so ill be using their injectors. Whats a hotwire setup? As for cam as of right now im not going to worry about it. Later down the road I may look into a custom cam.
A hot-wire kit is basically a larger gauge wire with a relay from the alternator to the fuel pump. Provides more voltage to help out the pumps. Racetronix makes a very nice and easy to install kit.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok awesome, ill definately look into that. I think ive got a good enough idea of what I need to move forward.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.eppautomotiveperformance....x.html?item=35

Call me for a price much lower than what I can put into print on the above system. Bob