Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 headbolts, rings, headgasket questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 headbolts, rings, headgasket questions

ok i have a project car that i am working on and i picked up a used 5.3...

well come to find out one piston has a hole melted in it and another is damaged beyond repair. so i bought a set of stock pistons/rods. and im just going to put new rings all the way around and rehone while i have it apart.

btw, this is going to be turbo'd using a MPT76

my questions are:

have any of you guys used Hastings rings with any luck.

what head gaskets do you guys recommend with stock bore. can i use something like felpro.. i couldnt find any cometic that weren't ls1 bore.

lastly the headbolts. i have done some research and can not find any arp headbolts that are 3 different length like the truck heads use. the ls1 headbolts only have the small bolts and the rest are one size. any idea where i can get some decent head bolts.

thanks a lot

tim
Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle
ok i have a project car that i am working on and i picked up a used 5.3...

well come to find out one piston has a hole melted in it and another is damaged beyond repair. so i bought a set of stock pistons/rods. and im just going to put new rings all the way around and rehone while i have it apart.

btw, this is going to be turbo'd using a MPT76

my questions are:

have any of you guys used Hastings rings with any luck.

what head gaskets do you guys recommend with stock bore. can i use something like felpro.. i couldnt find any cometic that weren't ls1 bore.

lastly the headbolts. i have done some research and can not find any arp headbolts that are 3 different length like the truck heads use. the ls1 headbolts only have the small bolts and the rest are one size. any idea where i can get some decent head bolts.

thanks a lot

tim
try texas-speed?

Quick Reply: 5.3 headbolts, rings, headgasket questions