Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo and motor ready for round two

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo and motor ready for round two

Ok, we are finally ready to put the motors in. Short history I bought a car with a fresh motor and heads with an OFI turbo kit. Very clean kit and car and many goodies. While tuning the combo I discovered the heads were ported a bit too far and leaked coolant into the cylinder along with some casting pieces around the valve guide. O-well, no one could have known, and I was very happy. I now get to go into the motor and work my magic on it and the turbo system.

I have an 11.00 sec Bracket/Street 94 Z that was converted to an LSx and housed an NA 383. I also have a nice Flame Z with SS stuff and custom paint. It was the one with the turbo 370. Well Instead of cutting the flame car up and installing a cage, I put the NA motor in it and built the turbo motor for the track ready car. Now we will have a sweet looking Z with AC and a stout 383 with all the goodies and a max effort turbo car as well. Here are the pics of the engine on the turbo k-member ready to go in. I used OFI turbo headers and built the rest. All forded 370, ls3 heads, custom turbo cam, gm LS3 intake, “low flow” carb to TB elbow, TH350 RMVB with TB, and much more. I should have t in the car next week and a week later I will start tuning. The car is all BMR and Spohn with QA1 on all four corners. The car was 3100lb with the NA motor in it, so I bet it will be a bit heaver with this combo. The car roles on Bogarts. I will update as I can.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Ok I think you need to help me on a coil relocation setup for the stang
Old 03-29-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

no problem. I can build the brackets and mod the harness.

Quick Reply: Turbo and motor ready for round two