Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Whats wrong with my car? Lack of boost.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats wrong with my car? Lack of boost.

Hey I am running an STS rear mount and the car was running 10psi boost.6 speed. I am running a procharger intercooler setup. I cracked the plenum box and wasn't making any boost...I did drive the car before i got it fixed. No here is the problem. It won't make boost anymore. It will make about 2-3 lbs in first and second gear and about 6psi in 3rd. I did a leak test on the pressure side and it holds fine, nothing else has changed. The car runs fine no missfires, starts good, no smoking, feels like makes the same power as before when not in boost. Everything seems ok turbo spins nice and free, blades look ok, no rub marks on the housing.... I am at a loss as to what is going on with it..
Any one have any Ideas.
All I can think of is the turbo is somehow screwed.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check exhaust manifold gaskets. I had a bad one once, caused same problems you are seeing
Old 04-04-2010, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

manifold gaskets are fine but there is a bit of leak at the y pipe to rear exhaust.Not really that big but I am going to try fixing it and see what happens. The weird thing is That it was working good the plenumn cracked and i got it fixed and now it still isn't working ok.