Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

zo6 cam or ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zo6 cam or ????

This week im looking for a good FI cam and i have seen good numbers from you guys that use the ZO6 cam. as of now i have a MS4 and its not going to work for what i want. i was thinking of going with the lingenfelter FI cam or the epp FI cam being that i can just drop buy and pick one up.

where are you guys buying your cams from ?

I'm looking looking forward to starting my build thread with my 2002 ceta thanks in advance for any reply's.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

I think the epp cam is a bit big personally. I would go thunder racing blower cam or speed inc has a nice smaller blower cam.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
9 Second Club

what is the setup on the car going to be turbo or blower?
turbo and blower cars do not like the same specs so much. but thats just me if you want cheap the ZO6 cam worked great for me ( see my sig). but if you are going to spend the money just call up comp cams or a good builder to spec you one out for your combo for the best results. thats what i would do
Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tomz28
what is the setup on the car going to be turbo or blower?
turbo and blower cars do not like the same specs so much. but thats just me if you want cheap the ZO6 cam worked great for me ( see my sig). but if you are going to spend the money just call up comp cams or a good builder to spec you one out for your combo for the best results. thats what i would do
Single turbo is what is in the works i have had this PTK kit and I'm sick of looking at it. I started pulling off the headers and y pipe Sunday going to start messing with the car this weekend.

as far as the cam this is what im looking at as of today 04 z06 cam, ls9 zr1 cam, or lingenfelter off the shelf cam i know if i use the ls9 cam i will have to change the timing cover and extend the cam sensor wires i already have a ls2 chain in the car question is if i decide on the ls9 cam do i need to change the cam gear as well when switching out the cover?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JC70SS
I think the epp cam is a bit big personally. I would go thunder racing blower cam or speed inc has a nice smaller blower cam.
Wish i was sticking a blower on the car but im not looking to spend 6 grand up front for a tvs 2300 kit from LM speed.
i will call those 2 shops today some time and see what they have to offer thanks.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i really like the look of TSP's 224r cam 112 lsa....i don't know how it would work with a turbo tho
Old 04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Launching!

no clue on that one i got the cam i have now from tsp i have yet to read about any of the turbo guys use there cams. but i have seen some of the maggie blower cars use them and make good power i found that interesting.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mightybird
Single turbo is what is in the works i have had this PTK kit and I'm sick of looking at it. I started pulling off the headers and y pipe Sunday going to start messing with the car this weekend.

as far as the cam this is what im looking at as of today 04 z06 cam, ls9 zr1 cam, or lingenfelter off the shelf cam i know if i use the ls9 cam i will have to change the timing cover and extend the cam sensor wires i already have a ls2 chain in the car question is if i decide on the ls9 cam do i need to change the cam gear as well when switching out the cover?
id stay with the ZO6 cam. it will work and its less work than the LS9. and if you are starting your turbo build you do not need any more work right now LOL

good luck on the install hope it goes smooth for you
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tomz28
id stay with the ZO6 cam. it will work and its less work than the LS9. and if you are starting your turbo build you do not need any more work right now LOL

good luck on the install hope it goes smooth for you
yup, by the time you buy all the stuff to get the ls9 cam to work, you couldve had a custom cam made to the exact specs for cheaper
Old 04-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cjmatt
yup, by the time you buy all the stuff to get the ls9 cam to work, you couldve had a custom cam made to the exact specs for cheaper
Well ZO6 cam it is unless a guy i know hits me up this weekend about a cam they where testing with over at lingenfelter.
next issue will my springs work they are patriot 660 springs when changing the cam i planed to use cts-v race lifters and reuse my comp push rods but im wondering if that spring is to much for that lil cam.
these springs, cam and the rest of the top end have around 3000 miles on them.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club

i used the same springs. it will be fine
Old 04-02-2010, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent heard many good things about the CTS-V race lifters. I know a lot of people that run and recomend the ls7 lifters. Their wayyy cheaper too.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Launching!

ok ls7 lifters eh well your right they are way way cheaper for sure but what is different from cts-v race to the ls7 lifters ? I would think the cts-v r lifters would handle high rpm and higher lift being there used in there road race program i would think better oiling as well ? i could be wrong here.

and thanks for the heads up on the springs tomz28
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mightybird
Well ZO6 cam it is unless a guy i know hits me up this weekend about a cam they where testing with over at lingenfelter.
next issue will my springs work they are patriot 660 springs when changing the cam i planed to use cts-v race lifters and reuse my comp push rods but im wondering if that spring is to much for that lil cam.
these springs, cam and the rest of the top end have around 3000 miles on them.
funny, I had that same convo with a tech @ LPE, I should be checking back next week. I would like somthing stealthy like a LS6/LS9 cam, but I have power band concearns....
Old 04-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Launching!

I can see how power band would be a issue. i would like to see some dyno sheets with each cam on boost. As of now i know for a fact ls9 is not a option for me being i don't want to convert to a ls2 cover. being i only have about a week to do this project with the cam and lifter swap.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

I'm giving it a try, I just looked up a couple of ZR1 Dyno sheets, and then I remembered that I'm not building a dedicated race car, so the quieter the better (unless I open the cut outs)
Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by IT_SS
I'm giving it a try, I just looked up a couple of ZR1 Dyno sheets, and then I remembered that I'm not building a dedicated race car, so the quieter the better (unless I open the cut outs)
I would like to hear your deliberation on the Ls9 cam
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Buy the way is there a sponsor here that deals GM performance parts so i can buy my new z06 cam i have had allot of pm's about buying there used cams but i would rather have my cam shaft new guys but thanks anyway.

so that will be one new 03-04 c5 zo6 cam and a new set of ls7 lifters.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

BTW. speedinc. sells turbo cams, I've heard of good results with the TU1
Old 04-04-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are on a budget pick up a used z06 cam and toss it in. If money is no issue there are a lot more choices out there.

Quick Reply: zo6 cam or ????