Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Extra Bolts in Procharger J-Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Extra Bolts in Procharger J-Bracket

I imagine others have done this (I believe I've seen a reference to 1 extra), but I don't think I've seen an illustration... Didn't take pics when I originally did this, so as I'm putting this combo together I grabbed the camera for a small contribution. I have no idea why ATI stopped where they did, but I digress. LOL! Anyway, I'll keep this short and sweet... This HELPS, it's easy and cheap. Give it a shot. A ribbed combo shouldn't even need both holes countersunk (I'm running an extra large idler to get the last ounce of wrap I can get).
Attached Thumbnails Extra Bolts in Procharger J-Bracket-dsc01748.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice. Of course the extra bolt holes won't hurn anything, nothing wrong with being extra secure.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Launching!

It simply moves the shear into a beefier part of the bracket and uses the headunit to girdle the bracket. You can literally put a machinists edge on the tensioned bracket before and after the 2 extra bolts and see the difference before you even start the car.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That makes a ton of sense. It's just getting a tool in there to tighten those is a challenge.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks good! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same for mine, but I only used the extra 3/8" hole as with my system doesn't have room to get to the last 5/16" hole up there. For my bracket I had to countersink the hole so the cap screw wouldn't get in the way of the belt.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crashinaz
I imagine others have done this (I believe I've seen a reference to 1 extra), but I don't think I've seen an illustration... Didn't take pics when I originally did this, so as I'm putting this combo together I grabbed the camera for a small contribution. I have no idea why ATI stopped where they did, but I digress. LOL! Anyway, I'll keep this short and sweet... This HELPS, it's easy and cheap. Give it a shot. A ribbed combo shouldn't even need both holes countersunk (I'm running an extra large idler to get the last ounce of wrap I can get).
can you post some pics of your set-up? I want to see how the cog set up fits in the f-body procharger area. thanks

Quick Reply: Extra Bolts in Procharger J-Bracket