Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

maggie and water /meth spray location

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default maggie and water /meth spray location

I do nearly 100% turbo builds, but a small project came up on an SS silverado. The IAT's are high, well high to me. They sart about 106 degrees and immediaty go to 127 degrees, with an ambient of 75-80. It uses the liquid heat exchanger system. Anyways, who has put water/meth on one and where did you put the nozzle? Pre blower?

It also needs it cause the injectors are already seeing %100 dc.

Will a pre blower nozzle hurt the blower at all?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a lot guys over at ls1gto.com running it pre blower. A lot of maggy guys over there and plently of pics too.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1320
I do nearly 100% turbo builds, but a small project came up on an SS silverado. The IAT's are high, well high to me. They sart about 106 degrees and immediaty go to 127 degrees, with an ambient of 75-80. It uses the liquid heat exchanger system. Anyways, who has put water/meth on one and where did you put the nozzle? Pre blower?

It also needs it cause the injectors are already seeing %100 dc.

Will a pre blower nozzle hurt the blower at all?
I just swapped out a 122 Maggie for a ProCharger due to extreme IAT's. I tried everything to get them under control: 100% Meth injection, over sized dual pass AFCO heat exchanger and a fast acting IAT sensor. There is NO silver bullet. They are essentially space heaters due to there inefficient design.

As for the nozzle placement just put it right before the TB and use 100% meth, it will not hurt the blower. I doubt you'll see a decrease in AIT's. 127 is actually low for a Maggie - I was seeing 170+ at the end of the 1/4. Good luck.

Here's how mine was setup - even had a little shot on there trying to cool the IAT's and that didn't even help.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

The pump was gimpy (bad connections at the pump plug). I was seeing 175 with the pump not running. I ve got 100% dex cool in it, and think Im going to drain alittle and swap in some distilled water in the liquid resevoir.

Since its a truck, it has the drive out the front and the tb mounted over on the side with a u bend going to the back. (its an old one also) Ill just put the nozzle rt behind the tb on the maggie u bend piece.

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

50/50 mix is always better for use in keeping the IAT's down. My car is a Florida car and the IAT's usually don't reach much over 100 degrees when it's making boost and I use 50/50 mix. The only time they go higher than 100 is when its daytime and over 85 degrees still.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Packy, in FL now? You are all over the place!

I HATE the PD blowers... You end up doing the majority of your spark tuning in the IAT modifier table!

Actually, the numbers you are seeing are on the very low side of what I see. I think when you put together several gears (like at the track) that you will see IATs get considerably higher. If you think that's bad.... I have tuned 2 Kenne Bell charged vette's and those things are a nightmare. They are always compressing and IAT's reach about 190degF FROM JUST DRIVING AROUND EASY for 20 minutes or so. They tell you all of this crap like "your heat exchanger pump must not be running" and the like... of course it's running it just can't even begin to remove all of that heat.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you put the nozzle behind the TB, like in the J-tube, make sure you have a check valve in the meth line with at least a 15psi cracking pressure, or vacuum will pull meth into the motor when you don't need it. I always put them pre-TB.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

ah good point......Ill probably put it in front of the tb. The thing runs good.....in few weeks well be seeing 145 degree rod temps though.....itll suck all all summer.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
Damn Packy, in FL now? You are all over the place!

I HATE the PD blowers... You end up doing the majority of your spark tuning in the IAT modifier table!

Actually, the numbers you are seeing are on the very low side of what I see. I think when you put together several gears (like at the track) that you will see IATs get considerably higher. If you think that's bad.... I have tuned 2 Kenne Bell charged vette's and those things are a nightmare. They are always compressing and IAT's reach about 190degF FROM JUST DRIVING AROUND EASY for 20 minutes or so. They tell you all of this crap like "your heat exchanger pump must not be running" and the like... of course it's running it just can't even begin to remove all of that heat.
I am in the Netherlands still but my TA is being stored in Florida at my parents place. I will be there for about a month to have some fun with it if I can ever get a flight out of Amsterdam... I have a few new parts to add to it.

Quick Reply: maggie and water /meth spray location