Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS F-body With GT35 option

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APS F-body With GT35 option

Ok this is what i have been working on and trying to get it going. Info will help. lol

first picture is a Ford stlye T3 inlet, 5Bolt out let. this is what i am trying to get to work.

Garret turbos told me that they dont make it. but other dealers of there turbo have these casting made. so i am trying to get someone to take two of these housings and then have the APS inlet machined in it. and then have aps outlet machined in it.

http://himni-racing.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1567

^^^ something like this.

What do you guys think? any ideas? all info is help.

Thanks
D
Attached Thumbnails APS F-body With GT35 option-fordstyle-thsg-out-smaller.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So FP can't do up some for you ,they do the LG turbos?Did you talk to them?

I would say not worth all this effort. As said again BB turbos not much better really on auto cars. And marginal on stick cars since not much lag problems unless go to super huge twins. My standard aps spool up too fast most of the time and looking forward to a bit slower spool on the LG which people have said actually help hook up.
Plug and play the LGs and forget out all this modification for almost no gain .
But hey its your time and your money. Peter did say he had those gt35s for the kit so maybe try to contact him and buy some.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if someone had the cash and time to put in to doing this it would be sweet.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
So FP can't do up some for you ,they do the LG turbos?Did you talk to them?

I would say not worth all this effort. As said again BB turbos not much better really on auto cars. And marginal on stick cars since not much lag problems unless go to super huge twins. My standard aps spool up too fast most of the time and looking forward to a bit slower spool on the LG which people have said actually help hook up.
Plug and play the LGs and forget out all this modification for almost no gain .
But hey its your time and your money. Peter did say he had those gt35s for the kit so maybe try to contact him and buy some.
funny you say contact him.

well i called APS, again, last night. and got a new kid on the phone. not the desk lady. she is always rude. lol
but i think i have a plan. just a little scared. lol but i will keep you all updated.

and you are right there isnt a lot of difference between journal and BB. but for the oil problems we all have. less oil is better. for us that want bigger turbos. gt35r is a great option( if i can do it) and do the road i know that the gt35 will support a 427 or 455 build. were louis said his are good to the 400 ish C.I. range.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Onemean01 has lg with no oil problems at 2000miles of use so far.
Scavenger pump are pretty good solution and not that expensive. I have turbowerx pump to use if need to. Just going to run 10 an lines from turbos to y junction or t junction, 10 an to pump inlet,10 an from outlet to drivers side oil pan return. Plug passenger side. Might be able to run an on turbos too, did get 10 an fittings but have to see if lines have enough clearance. So really pretty simple and likely mount it where my air pump used to be.

And I still think the lg would be ok for 427 build but yeah 454 maybe would be pushing it .
They do have 70lb/min ,gt 35R might be 75lb/min have to check specs.

Maybe you can get gt35R plug and play from Peter. He did offer to sell me some. But the question will be are these chinese gt35r and from reading about garrett these days not so sure there quailty is so great anymore.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

well if i can get them for around 2500 i will try. i hate to say it but worst case. i will have to replace with really gt35 turbos.

but money is the first thing i got to look at. work got real busy and i got a 10k job offer on the side. so if that goes throught. i guess money becomes less of an issue and the gt35r will go on. lol
Old 04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do the LG turbos compare to the APS extreme kit ones?

Maybe Forced Inductions can do an upgraded rebuild for those with either of the two kits.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
How do the LG turbos compare to the APS extreme kit ones?

Maybe Forced Inductions can do an upgraded rebuild for those with either of the two kits.
I would think extreme and LG are very close to same . LG flow 70lb/min thought extreme are 65?Not much really unless you are trying for absolute most hp.

I still get scared with 7.5psi on stock turbos! I haven't even hooked up my spray and as said havent' even put lg turbos on the car yet.

You guys are crazy..even 800rwhp is lots of power for any sane street car..track well thats different mabye but the rules get ridiculous under 10.0 on NHRA tracks.

It would be ironic if he gets gt35 and they turn out to be as some are saying mexican or whatever junk now. I hope all those garette employee threads were lies.I have always loved garrett but mits genuine mits are very reliable usually. I have talon turbos with plus 100,000 miles on them and still working fine.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

^^^ this is another reason why i have givin up on the billet. just they are reeeeaaaalllllllllyyyyyy slow on getting back to me. like a month at a time. lol

but thats for the statement. i dont want mexican turbos. or asian turbos. i want GT35r turbos. lol

and i beleive taht the LG would be better that the extreme. the LG have billet compressor whell the extreme doesnt. lol

Quick Reply: APS F-body With GT35 option