Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what is the best rotating assy for a blown ls2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what is the best rotating assy for a blown ls2?

building an alum block ls2 and wondering what is the best components for the bottom end. looking at the callies dragonslayer and compstar cranks. will the lighter weigh of the dragonslayer crank sacrifice durability with the blower (F1R procharger) hanging off the front? and will the compstart crank hold up to 1000+ hp??? also wondering which engine size would be better suited for the combo short stroke 364? or a 4.000" stroke 402? not looking for the cheapest parts but i only want to purchase these once. the car is an 81 Z28 with the ls2 mentioned above with L92's and a cog drive f1r. shooting for mid to low 9's. thanks for the help
Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double-L
building an alum block ls2 and wondering what is the best components for the bottom end. looking at the callies dragonslayer and compstar cranks. will the lighter weigh of the dragonslayer crank sacrifice durability with the blower (F1R procharger) hanging off the front? and will the compstart crank hold up to 1000+ hp??? also wondering which engine size would be better suited for the combo short stroke 364? or a 4.000" stroke 402? not looking for the cheapest parts but i only want to purchase these once. the car is an 81 Z28 with the ls2 mentioned above with L92's and a cog drive f1r. shooting for mid to low 9's. thanks for the help
The compstar crank will take 1000hp no sweat. No need to spend the extra cash on the dragonslayer. The compstar rods and crank have been used on countless 1000+hp applications without issue. ERL is building me a 364ci long rod superdeck I LS2 as we speak. Using compstar crank and rods along with custom Wiseco pistons,billet mains.... Shooting for 1000rwhp. Very similar to Mightymouses setup.

As far as the blower goes, no clue. I like the 364-370 for street strip cars. No doubt a 4 inch stroke motor can make crazy hp and be reliable. I just think the 370 is more reliable, especially with a longer rod. I went with a PT88, so a 402 was out of the question for me. If I had a GT91 then i would have considered the 402. The 370+88 is much more street friendly from what I have seen out there. But then again opinions are like ********... Best of luck
Old 05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most bang for the buck i say callies..
Old 05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
FormerVendor

Give us a call or come and visit us if we can help you out in any way. You're not that far from us. We are right across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

sorry for the late reply, but this is some really helpful info, i will definately have to get some info on that erl super deck block, because im looking for a machine shop that handle ls engines, and only a few hours north of ky, so i'll be getting in contact with you soon for some info. also have a question about rods, would the hd I beam be overkill for this particular setup? or are the h-beam rods suffecient?

Quick Reply: what is the best rotating assy for a blown ls2?