Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Changing Oil Drain to braided lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing Oil Drain to braided lines

Hey guys, I have the standard APS Twin Turbo kit for an 02 LS1 and i was wondering what all i should be looking into to change out the rubber oil drain tubes the kit comes with to stainless braided lines. If i'm not mistaken i'll need an oil drain flange (td06h - 20g), braided lines, and an AN-NPT fitting to weld into the pan. What size should i be going with? 8AN? Also where would i go to pick up these items? Most of it would be easy except for the oil drain flange. It looks like Kando Dynamics off of ebay has the flanges but only in 8AN. Is that sufficient enough?

The reason i'm looking into this is that one of the biggest things preventing me from doing a majority of the install myself and saving myself a lot of money is the oil return on the turbo. I cant weld and i cant imagine that with unthreaded bungs that i could take it somewhere to get welded and cap it off. The stock APS oil drain bungs have you just slip the tube over it and clamp it. This prevents me from driving somewhere to get the pan bungs welded and capping them off safely. With the AN fittings i'd imagine i could pick up a threaded cap from a hardware store and cap it off till i'm ready to do the install after the fittings have been welded. I suppose if you guys knew of another way to cap off the APS oil return bungs which arent threaded that would solve my problem as well.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide