Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1200 RWHP boosted LS6 motor...............

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1200 RWHP boosted LS6 motor...............

Iron block?
Aluminum block?
Stroked?
Bored?
Stroked & Bored?
Stock cubes?
SC'er?
Turbo?
TT?

What will it take to do it with reliability. There's an LS1 on ebay claiming 1,000 rwhp on 110 octane. Its driven every day.
The highest RWHP LS1 I know of is "BlackDemon" car. 804 RWHP/785 RWTQ, driven every day. Vortech blown 382 stroker.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

were is the link i couldnt find it on ebay.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

1200 rw would take c5r heads i'd think.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
were is the link i couldnt find it on ebay.
It was posted last week on LS1.com. It was like a 2002 Formula, blue, with a 383 stroker or something small like that. YS-Trim blower I believe. 700+ RWHP on pump gas.

BlackDemon's car does better than that on pump gas anyway. But how can 1200 RWHP be had with an LS6 block?
Old 01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
1200 rw would take c5r heads i'd think.
Well, lets consider my motor with C5R heads ported or whatever to the hilt and the proper pistons and whatever else would need changing or upgraded. And consider the proper fuel system. My motor is aluminum

Would 1200 be possible and still be reliable for every day driving?
Old 01-09-2004, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

I will again call BS on the BlackDemon person you mention. You told me TR did the work on the car and they say they've never worked on a car like that. Please furnish me with contact info.

1200rwhp is like 1500-1700 on the engine dyno. Look at Ronnie Duke's comb he must be making around 1100rwhp.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought it ws posted somewhere that Ronnie Duke was making 920rwhp? I'll look for the link... He's got a C5R too and I doubt it's a daily driver...
Old 01-09-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

2 LS6's
Old 01-09-2004, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

No way Ronnie makes 920rwhp and goes 8.50's with a 3700 lb car do the math.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
No way Ronnie makes 920rwhp and goes 8.50's with a 3700 lb car do the math.
it ain't 3700lbs, ask Kurt he mentioned it to me at Thunder.

But i'll agree it ain't making 920
Old 01-09-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also heard in the pits that ronnies car was weighing less than before.

and quickin - i just dont get your posts man. i am NOT trying to slam you, but you are asking for too much. asking for that kind of power you will NOT have daily driver characteristics in FLORIDA. sorry bro. why not ask for the car to get 50 mpg as well? just go for a weekend warrior. maybe you are overlly optimistic or maybe (not trying to be a jerk) you dont understand the fundamantals of performance machines and their abilities.

Last edited by gator's 99TA; 01-09-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I will again call BS on the BlackDemon person you mention. You told me TR did the work on the car and they say they've never worked on a car like that. Please furnish me with contact info.

1200rwhp is like 1500-1700 on the engine dyno. Look at Ronnie Duke's comb he must be making around 1100rwhp.
I may have made the mistake that Thunder did the work, I thought thats what he said. Its a real car that many people have watched run the 1/4 with ET Streets at 9.6 @ 149 mph. Full interior and A/C too.

Just PM him, "BlackDemon" on LS1.com, I don't have his e-mail address. He'll tell you whatever you want to know. I'm going to see the car some time in the next month or so in New Orleans.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
i also heard in the pits that ronnies car was weighing less than before. and quickin - i just dont get your posts man. i am NOT trying to slam you, but you are asking for too much. asking for that kind of power you will NOT have daily driver characteristics in FLORIDA. sorry bro. why not ask for the car to get 50 mpg as well? just go for a weekend warrior. maybe you are overlly optimistic or maybe (not trying to be a jerk) you dont understand the fundamantals of performance machines and their abilities.
Whats not to get, I'm trying to ask about the capabilities of an LSx motor, did I not post in the correct forum for that?

There are cars out there with LSx motors that aren't known to these forums that make more power than the cars that do post on these forums. There's also cars out there that don't post to these forums that have other types of motors that will *** rape any car in this forum in the 1/4 mile. I'm having my motor torn down in the next week or two and I would consider putting a YS-Trim blower on my motor, IF I can get to at least 800 RWHP and still have GOOD daily drivability. Vortech is now upgrading the YS to flow the same as the X-Trim blower.
If its unanimous that I can't than I'll be putting the dual stage 300 shot on it like I planned to do.

But I've always wanted a SC'ed super-stroker, I have the motor, all I need now is the SC'er set-up. But with the dual stage shot I'll have GREAT daily drivability N/A and the shot when I need it. If it can be done with the SC'er and still get the power I demand to have, then I may do it.

Thats all. I'm a rookie with all this shiit, so I ask the experienced/professional people. As far as driving what someone else builds for me, I'm fine in that department.

EDIT: and why would Florida be bad for FI? We are at sea level, which gives an advantage over most of the country, and in hot weather it'll do better than N/A motors.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

why would Florida be bad for FI? We are at sea level, which gives an advantage over most of the country, and in hot weather it'll do better than N/A motors.[/QUOTE]

Detonation. Hot weather is bad for any motor but when you increase the actual compression ratio with FI added with all the the extra heat from compressing the air You end up with a motor that needs race fuel or a extremly low compression ratio. neither of these are real practicle for the street. IMO. The colder the air is the more power it makes. In any application
Old 01-09-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

YS Trim making 15-20 psi of boost on top of a healthy motor making 700-800 rwhp on pump gas = pre-ignition (or detonation). our heat index is 108+ degrees half the year as you know.

as far as my comments. i know you want it all. you want 800-1200 rwhp out of your car and still keep stock driving characteristics. no one i know of has been able to do this. if you want mega power, why havent you just talked to Rob Raymer yet? turbo, the power is unlimited. but you have to assume you can keep the heads from lifting! blowers still have to eat up horsepower because they are draging off the crank pulley. also there is a problem with slipping the belt. talk to Detroit speed and the Michigan Boys like Harlan. he is around the 800 rwhp area.

why you have this much air coming into the motor (remember you motor is just an air pump), then you need to supply that kind of fuel. that means a mega loud and potentially short lived fuel pumps. everything comes iwth a compromise and i hope you understand this. have you noticed how many are making the power you are asking? there are lots of guys making 600-650 rwhp but they arent making much more. ever wonder why? it isnt like they didnt want to make more power. lastly, be ready to pull the refresh that motor and tranny easily once a year assuming you live in a perfect world. oh and bring a lot of cash for R&R.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InvisibleSun
I thought it ws posted somewhere that Ronnie Duke was making 920rwhp? I'll look for the link... He's got a C5R too and I doubt it's a daily driver...
My bad - I was thinking of the post about Harlan's new setup:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=920rwhp

Next time I'll find the link first
Old 01-09-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree, daily driven 1200rwhp car will not happen any car. What does daily driven mean, 93 OCT gas? To make that power you are running C16, 8 bucks a gallon, I hope you dont drive very far...you may want to keep the six speen init because daily drivers dont run T400 like me either. Im only looking to make 700 with 5 more psi and new innercooler and I cant imagine my care as a daily driver...Even at the measly 600..(lol) I was making I couldnt see daily driving that car.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep the engine you have, put low compression heads on it. Install a custom made T88 turbo system and a FAST engine management, and you'll get all the power you will ever need.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
why havent you just talked to Rob Raymer yet? turbo, the power is unlimited. but you have to assume you can keep the heads from lifting!
Maybe a better question than is this, like in my other thread.

What motor can handle HUGE turbo or SC'er boost where head-lifting or anything else won't be a problem and the motor will simply be a monster. But streetable, and I mean streetable as far as just able to drive it on the street. Gas mileage and loudness are not a concern for this one.

But will fit into the F-Body?

I'm not touching my current car, but if things go as planned for me in the next couple months, $$$-wise, I want to build another WS6 and simply lose my mind with it, just have someone build a sick bastard for me. The sickest.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

again go talk to the people i said and others have said. Rob has built 9 second 6 cylinder Grand nationals and big time viper motors. hell his ls1 went 9s too!

Quick Reply: 1200 RWHP boosted LS6 motor...............