Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Injector question for turbo setup

Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector question for turbo setup

I'm at the point where I need to start thinking about buying injectors for my project.

Right now, I have a stock bottom end LQ4 (turbo is a 76mm with air to air). but that will change sometime over the winter after I get the car out and rolling. Just want to get the bugs worked out of it and get it going straight down the track this year.

What size injector do you guys recommend? After we put better internals in the block we will be shooting for around 1200hp, but I also know that the stock bottom end will never hold up to that at this point.

Can I put the bigger injector in right now and run it without any problems or am I gonna end up buying 2 different sets?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as the tune is good. the injectors get scaled by the computer
Old 05-07-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had 60s for awile and they worked great. I got 80s and not very happy with those. Can't get rid of off idle bog and they dont' want to idle well still waiting for some tunning help on that. If dont' get it fixed to my satisfaction going to run my 120 low impedence that still have . I would likely recommend low impedence 120s or even bigger for your goals as well. There are some new high impedence out like 100s and 200s but they are 250 bucks a piece! Want to hear a bit more reviews on how they work before buying those for my car.

Search this Thread