Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about SDCE bracket

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Question about SDCE bracket

I was looking up their tensioner and 8 rib kit. $695 + shipping and you have to send in your stock bracket for modification.

I noticed that they have a crank pulley designed for the stock balancer or one designed for the ATI superdampner.

Now my question is, if I plan to use thier 8-rib kit, and I only plan on making ~8psi with my D1SC, do I need the ATI superdampner or is my stock balancer sufficient? (Will be pinning it of course)

Saving money would be nice, but I don't want to skimp on my set up though.

Last edited by ss.slp.ls1; 05-07-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock will do fine and probably better as Drilling for the pins as ATI balancer requires a little patience as its a lot harder than the stock cast piece. GL!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told that setup for the stock pulley is mainly for the p1sc. They said when you go to the d1 you really need the ati balancer.

On a side note, have you tried contacting them? I've called probably 10 times in the last month with no answer.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Really, I called today, but I didn't realize that it was already past business hours over there. I will call them tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kkslds
I was told that setup for the stock pulley is mainly for the p1sc. They said when you go to the d1 you really need the ati balancer.
I agree. The three bolts that bolt the blower pulley to the ATI Performance Products harmonic balancer is vastly superior to using a stock balancer and having the blower pulley only held on by the crank bolt. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

With the D1SC I would recommend going with the ATI Super Damper. It is easy to install, and you don't drill the super damper just the crank when pinning it. ATI sells a pin kit that you install the pin perpendicular to the crank and that pin fits into the keyway already machined into the Super damper.

Also as noted the mounting of the Procharger crank pulley to the balancer is much more stable and secure and you don't need to worry about the crank bolt not seating fully.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I only plan on making ~8psi with my D1SC
We all start like that until we get smoked by the first 03 Cobra we see. Then it's I need more boost. So be ready from the start. It will happen to you.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
We all start like that until we get smoked by the first 03 Cobra we see. Then it's I need more boost. So be ready from the start. It will happen to you.
That aint no kiddin! lol

If I were you OP, I would look into getting Asters bracket setup. It is a very nice bracket! He just posted in your thread
Old 05-08-2010, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

I run the stock dampner with the SDCE 7.25 crank pulley. Mine is drilled and tapped on 3 of the cross bars on the dampner and bolted through. So its held on by 3 9/16ths bolts along with the crank bolt. Its ok and works but I plan on getting the ATI dampner for my new nasty motor lol.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

I will agree the ATI balancer is vastly superior, but the pulley is sloted to engage in all three of the crossbars of the stock balancer just like the original Whipples used to be and they work very well and there is no chance of the bolt backing out due to the pulley spinning etc... If he goes for more power he could address that in the new or upgrading projects is all I am saying and when he is doing that he could have his motor forged and crank Keyed for the ATI balancer etc... If he want to know if it will work it will and he can run as much boost as he wants with a P1 or D1 with it with out any issues. I am not going to debate which is better, cause you know what the answer is etc...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SDCE is hard to reach at times right now because their shop was flooded. Their new shop is nearly done and they are up and running but Wendy has alot of meetings with the construction guys of the new shop. Your best bet is to email them and ask them to call you. Wendy has been really good about this with me lately. I have talked to them 2 times this week alone.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:55 AM
9 Second Club

ya I've been trying to get a hold of them too. I wonder how long it will be before we can start ordering parts again.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Still not able to contact them. The directions with these setups are pretty vauge. Says to remove the tensioner from the bracket before installing the bracket, but doesnt say how tight to torque it when reinstalling . Also With their complete setup and a 3.7 blower pulley what belt? I know I can go measure but surely someone has had this comnination before. I bought a 52.5" belt. Anyone know?

Also when putting the tensioner back on do you start with it up against the stop completely to tighten it?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

SDCE just posted a thread here stating that they are still trying to get back to normal after the flood. I too have not heard back from them, but I hope I hear from them soon.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Launching!

I talk to Wendy at least a few times a week. If anyone is in need of info or pricing from them shoot me a PM and i will do my best to help with the contact. They are interested in running a GP on tensioners soon if anyone is interested in that as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
I talk to Wendy at least a few times a week. If anyone is in need of info or pricing from them shoot me a PM and i will do my best to help with the contact. They are interested in running a GP on tensioners soon if anyone is interested in that as well.
I'm all about it. I need that tensioner bad. If you can find out more about a GP, please let me know.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Only need a couple more for the GP and then i could get my tensioner.

Quick Reply: Question about SDCE bracket