Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Trying something new need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trying something new need help

Ok my brother has a Pontiac GTP and we’re wanting to install a rear mount turbo charger on it. I read online that you shouldn't install one if you have an engine smaller than a 4.0 unless you have something to compensate for the turbo lag. Well the car comes supercharged as yall know so would that work for the compensation?? Is it possible to run both a supercharger and a rear mount turbo??

Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its been done! Tell your brother to save his money though and keep that GTP stock as a DD and just build a lowbudget rear mount turbo car to tear up **** on the weekends if thats what he's looking for LOl To much time and money for to little of a gain IMO And that 4.0 thing is bullshit ! Look what the buick 3.8's were and still are doing out there !or even better yet the 400HP TT new SHO which has a 2.0 in her
Old 05-13-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by barnat
Its been done! Tell your brother to save his money though and keep that GTP stock as a DD and just build a lowbudget rear mount turbo car to tear up **** on the weekends if thats what he's looking for LOl To much time and money for to little of a gain IMO And that 4.0 thing is bullshit ! Look what the buick 3.8's were and still are doing out there !or even better yet the 400HP TT new SHO which has a 2.0 in her
Im confused by your post. The 3.8 buick youre talking about, assuming you mean a GN, is a front mount. And the TT SHO is a front mount also. I wouldnt rear mount a motor that small, you would end up with a tiny *** turbo compensate for the lag. A supercharger will definitely help out though, and it would be bad ***! Tuning it would be a bitch though