Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

KYTP front mount Q's and A's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYTP front mount Q's and A's

I'm getting a kit here soon from KTYP. Its the front mount NON- a/c version with the upgraded tc78 turbo. I just wanna help people/me get an idea whats all involved in installing the kit. Where things go and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

1: I ordered oil supply and return lines from josh "kytp" and I'm wondering where he taps in for the feed and where it goes for return. Pics if possible.

2: With a alt relocation bracket what size is the belt/part number that needs to be ran? bracket is from josh.

3: What are all the modifications that need to be done to route the intercooler piping and cooler? From most pictures it looks like the front bumper support needs to be cut/ notched for the intercooler to go into. Do I need to cut opening for the piping or access for anything?

4: What would be a good starting point for injectors, Fuel pump, boost, etc to run around 500-550 rwhp?

Please post all questions how big or little you have. When I get my kit from josh and start the install I'm gonna post up with pics of the install step by step and try to answer everyone elses questions with pics.

I'll be running this setup first on a 1999 trans am mostly stock with a built transmission and stall.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Orangemagic
I'm getting a kit here soon from KTYP. Its the front mount NON- a/c version with the upgraded tc78 turbo. I just wanna help people/me get an idea whats all involved in installing the kit. Where things go and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

1: I ordered oil supply and return lines from josh "kytp" and I'm wondering where he taps in for the feed and where it goes for return. Pics if possible.

2: With a alt relocation bracket what size is the belt/part number that needs to be ran? bracket is from josh.

3: What are all the modifications that need to be done to route the intercooler piping and cooler? From most pictures it looks like the front bumper support needs to be cut/ notched for the intercooler to go into. Do I need to cut opening for the piping or access for anything?

4: What would be a good starting point for injectors, Fuel pump, boost, etc to run around 500-550 rwhp?

Please post all questions how big or little you have. When I get my kit from josh and start the install I'm gonna post up with pics of the install step by step and try to answer everyone elses questions with pics.

I'll be running this setup first on a 1999 trans am mostly stock with a built transmission and stall.
1)Feed is tapped from the cap right above the oil filter. Drain needs to run back tot he side of the pan. Needs to be at a slight downward spiral and above the oil level in the tank,

2)Belt size I am not 100% on. I use string to go around all the pulleys. Measure the amount used. Subtract 1" for belt tension.

3) Front bumper support is cut to mount the IC. Pipes run under the bumper cover, Intake pipe come up under the fuse box. Nothiong realy major needed for the install.

4)60-75lb injectors, twin 255 intank pumps, and a boost refrenced PSI regulator. 8-10lbs for your 500-550rwhp goals.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Whats gonna be a good fuel regulator to run? Is there much out there besides the aeromotive one?
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

glad you posted this, basically same setup going on my car once i finish my rearend, i had some of the same questions. keep us updated
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

1:

2: Smokinhawk alternator relocation bracket + 25% UD pulley = 71.5" belt

3. Trim plastic and piping as needed.

4. See Josh's post.

Whats gonna be a good fuel regulator to run? Is there much out there besides the aeromotive one?
I use a Fuelab regulator, they cost around $130.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Another question. What all has to be changed with the radiator? I know the cooling fans have to be removed and electric ones installed but does the radiator need pushed back/ to the front of the car more or will just removing the fans work for clearance?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how big the turbo is. The radiator needs to stand straight up and spal fans used for even more clerance.

Quick Reply: KYTP front mount Q's and A's