Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

question on turbo headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on turbo headers

ive been asked to build a set of headers for an lt1 for a turbo car. all fine and dandy. ill do whatever my friend wants. my questions are more along the lines of what type to build. ive seen log style, ive seen actual headers, and ive seen some **** that look like metal pvc pipping with four entries into the pipe.
now since all the exhaust is being restricted by the turbo...does it matter how well they flow. hes trying to go on the cheaper side of things and im wanting to actually build headers, but its his car...... suggestions?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sure it maters how they flow

i would personally advise you to stay away from tubular log style manifolds. the design is just crap. they do not do well with expanding. also they do not flow as good as a header design. my log manifold i had to repair 3 times because it kept cracking. on the 4th time i just took it off and threw it in the garbage. you can make them last, but they will need to be build out of very thick gauge materiel. cast iron is the best as far as reliability for a street car.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool sounds like a plan. thanks for the insite