Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anybody make bolt on aluminum shroud high volume fan kit for our f bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anybody make bolt on aluminum shroud high volume fan kit for our f bodies?

I got a great aluminum rad and aluminum shroud with two high volume fans for my 91 race talon. I am getting same setup for my 97 street talon.
I got a nice Ron Davis rad for my 99TT .Does anyone make an aluminum shroud with high volume fans. I don't like the plastic shroud and stock fans much.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buckhart makes them.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Don't see any on their site. See some single fan thing with their rad that goes in their bumper support maybe. So is there a pic of this somewhere?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Veteran

These guys do these customs ones but wanted one that fits exactly like oem one. Maybe these guys could make oem type for a bit more money if we got a group buy going .

Can I put these spals where factory fans are now? Will they give me much better airflow?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always heard the factory fans were really good. Make sure your fans are sitting flush against the radiator and the factory shroud isnt bowed. If you have a leak around the fans they won't pull air through the radiator very well.

Also make sure you have a clean path for air to travel into the radiator. Trash, Stopped up condensor, bent-up air dam.

One thing that really helped me was getting the Burkhart bumper support and opening a direct path for Air to travel directly into the intercooler and radiator. I cut the aps shroud and cut out an opening in the tag insert. That really helped
Old 05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Veteran

I am having a hard time visualizing what exactly you did. So the burkhart replaces the factory bumper support and you just bolt it in there .Then do the air flow mods you said.Forget if you have pics somewhere of all this. ??
So what is the rest of your cooling setup..rad ,stat, fan turn on temps,etc.

I am not sure how my car will do on 100 degree days. We don't get many of those and only usually for a week or two and can drive my other vehicles don't have to drive my 99 its not my daily but did want to not have to worry much if in traffic and running it with air on.

So far I have Ron Davis rad..which is big bastard and maybe actually reduces airflow on the stock bumper, aps setup. I have high flow water pump not sure brand, 160 stat and have fans coming on at like 160 degrees. Both coming on.I also usually add some redline water wetter to 50/50 antifreeze water mix. So far we have hit around 80 might be even a bit hotter today. Pretty hot for may up here this week. Unseasonally hot going back to like 70 degrees on weekend which is more typical. I have seen temps around 180 typically but did see it hit 212 briefly day or so ago when was doing some messing around and thus in more boost and for longer than would be usual. Driving around city usually not really into boost much at all. 408 is pretty powerful even off boost and have some decent gearing the 3.54 to get my heavy *** car and me moving good off the lights.
I realize few reasons might be running bit hotter is from running trans cooler in rad and then to aux cooler. I do drive car in cooler weather and wanted to heat up the trans a bit. I know could run trans cooler with bypass in there. Also oil coiling my turbos no water cooling currently ,crack in one of them internally . Will run the water cooling with the lgs when get them in. Not sure if any point adding oil cooler and may try to get my trans temps down a bit more by some tweaking there with new trans pan and getting some more air to my aux trans cooler.Its mounted behind air dam and is long 24 inch type ,dual pass cylindrical thing. Plan to drill some holes in dam to help the aux cooler out.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Send them the dimensions of your rad and send them your fans and they can fabb it from there. You dont really need the front end brace.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if you get in a bind let me know.. i may be able to swing something at work.

i made mine if you hadn't seen.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13002532-post27.html
if i were you i suggesting finding some lt1 fans (same output and connections as ls1 fans but are bolt-on)
Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
if you get in a bind let me know.. i may be able to swing something at work.

i made mine if you hadn't seen.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13002532-post27.html
if i were you i suggesting finding some lt1 fans (same output and connections as ls1 fans but are bolt-on)
Now thats sweeeeet!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is a couple of pics. It's just another path for the air to get through.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody make bolt on aluminum shroud high volume fan kit for our f bodies?-intercooler-2.jpg   Anybody make bolt on aluminum shroud high volume fan kit for our f bodies?-bumper-intercooler.jpg   Anybody make bolt on aluminum shroud high volume fan kit for our f bodies?-bumperss.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anybody make bolt on aluminum shroud high volume fan kit for our f bodies?