Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

bypass valve, blow off valve?? what??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bypass valve, blow off valve?? what??

I have my procharger p1sc on my car and I like it a whole lot. I however dont care too much for the black procharger bypass valve. I was thinking about replacing it with a HKS SSQV blow off valve, but then I thought well blow off valve and by pass valve sounds different and maybe they do two differnt things..

thats why im asking.. I am venting to atmosphere so there is no recirclization going on, but are there differences in those? can I use the ssqv from hks on my procharger without anything bad happening over the black procharger one?

sorry if it sounds dumb, id rather ask and make sure, rather than blow up my setup over a 150 dollar part.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you already vent to atmosphere then you wont have any problems. bypass valves are just bov's that have a flange so that you can reroute the air back in after the MAF
Old 05-24-2010, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Ok cool.. Thanks CJ, I wasnt too sure myself and I didnt want to break 7000 dollars worth of motor parts over 150 dollar part lol.. but its pretty much a swappable part and thats that.. cool deal! thanks!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Alot of people like the Procharger Race "open" bypass valve. That's the one I am going to use. It sounds awesome. I think BruteSpeed has them on sale.

Quick Reply: bypass valve, blow off valve?? what??