Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Forced Induction
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register iTraderTimeslips Photos Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsVendor Directory
Search

Forced Induction
Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
Sponsored by
RPM Motorsports

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2010, 05:53 AM   #41
FormerVendor
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 2,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post

Hot Rod magazine is awesome, anyone who disagrees is a retard.
i think this statement tells us everything we need to know about you sir!!
Shawn @ VA Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #42
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
Like any of you are more qualified to talk about his **** than I am(Shawn @ VA excluded)... Tards
Oh boy..
slangegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #43
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now
 
mustang281man's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 10
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: indiana
Posts: 33
Default

__________________
03 z06......cam only.......
mustang281man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #44
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
ryarbrough's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 18
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 1,194
Default

Wow...

Click the image to open in full size.

/discussion
__________________
99 Formula - Forged 347, MS4, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L Heads, ZEX Perimeter Plate, TH400, Yank Eliminator 3600

10.08 @ 134 - 435 hp NA through the big auto

Richmond Performance Musclecars...The Real RPM!
ryarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #45
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
I sure as hell wont let you school me on what a good looking vehicle looks like because that thing in your sig is Hidious...

Hot Rod magazine is awesome, anyone who disagrees is a retard.

Mirror turbos are more than just looks. It also helps with packaging restraints and ease of tuning. As well as cylinder bank to bank variations... SUCK IT

Like any of you are more qualified to talk about his **** than I am(Shawn @ VA excluded)... Tards
i think is car is very nice. but atleast it is a real car and not a video game picture.

and the whole mirred turbo thing you got going is bull ****. toons of fast as cars out there have more exhuast on one side or the other. not equal length mirrored ****.
Big_Bird_WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #46
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 28
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6 View Post
i think is car is very nice. but atleast it is a real car and not a video game picture.
Yeah but his sig says 98 camaro and his avatar is of an LT1 T/A???
__________________


RX7.7 Concept Sheetmetal Widebody | VA Speed Tall Deck LSX 470 Solid Roller | Cobra 8.8 rear |DSS 300M axles/hubs/CVs | Makaveli 3pc Forged Wheels 20x18.5R[b]
93formto98T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #47
7 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
Phil99vette's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Port Tobacco, MD
Posts: 8,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
I sure as hell wont let you school me on what a good looking vehicle looks like because that thing in your sig is Hidious...

Hot Rod magazine is awesome, anyone who disagrees is a retard.

Mirror turbos are more than just looks. It also helps with packaging restraints and ease of tuning. As well as cylinder bank to bank variations... SUCK IT

Like any of you are more qualified to talk about his **** than I am(Shawn @ VA excluded)... Tards

Thats some good ****, I hope your employer doesn't drug test cause if so your phucked.
__________________
Phil #227N - 2000 Mustang
Best 60' 1.25 | Best 330' 3.18 | Best 1/8 4.701 Best MPH: 164 | Best 1/4 7.29 | Best 1/4 MPH 198
Shawn Miller Race Engines 438" LSx - Precision 106mm Turbo - Madman Suspension/Tuning
For Sale: Jesel LS Distributor drive, Aeromotive Hex Fuel pump;
Virginia Speed - Kurt Urban Performance - MADMAN Racing and Co. - Precision turbo - Wolfe Racecraft - Marcella Intakes
Phil99vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #48
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,641
Default

^^^^ i totally missed his bottom line about being qualified. i guess ACS certified doesnt count any more. or built 4 high 9 sec cars. or Phil did you hear your not qualified. lol. lol.
Big_Bird_WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #49
7 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
Phil99vette's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Port Tobacco, MD
Posts: 8,730
Default

Sounds like someone needs to lay off the booze.
__________________
Phil #227N - 2000 Mustang
Best 60' 1.25 | Best 330' 3.18 | Best 1/8 4.701 Best MPH: 164 | Best 1/4 7.29 | Best 1/4 MPH 198
Shawn Miller Race Engines 438" LSx - Precision 106mm Turbo - Madman Suspension/Tuning
For Sale: Jesel LS Distributor drive, Aeromotive Hex Fuel pump;
Virginia Speed - Kurt Urban Performance - MADMAN Racing and Co. - Precision turbo - Wolfe Racecraft - Marcella Intakes
Phil99vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #50
TECH Junkie
2009 Pontiac G8
My Garage
 
Gordon0652's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oneonta, NY
Posts: 3,179
Send a message via AIM to Gordon0652
Default

"It also helps with packaging restraints and ease of tuning"

I could see that with equal lengths, when your tuning in the 0.0000000001 place...

VA speed does great work so does Nelson! Now i kinda forgot what this thread is about.
__________________
2000 Maple Red Metallic Trans Am A4, Grandfather Left It To Me
LME 440 LS7|TSP PRC LXR 285cc LS7x|278/286 .718 .702 112+4|Becks Intake 115mm|Direct Port|D&D T56 Mag|McLeod RXT
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT SMR|KOOKs 1-7/8"|Corsa|VaraRam|223/231 .610/.617 115+4|3.45s|Coan 3400 Triple
Gordon0652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #51
Launching!
2006 Chevrolet TBSS
 
Zac_Speed's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Liberty, Mo.
Posts: 253
Default

Wow, you guys are a bunch of idiots... Shawn, so are you making your own turbos these days because the last time I checked you used other companies turbos? And I'm pretty sure Phil nor Big Bird makes their own turbos either... ASC qualifications don't make you more suited to talk about turbos. LOL

It's an LS1 T/A Smoke...

It's easy for you guys to talk **** when Nelson's not here to defend himself. SO many trolls...

ryabrough, funny that you post a pic of a troll when it's your first post in this thread... Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?

I sent Nelson a email, so maybe he can chime in and defend himself against all the **** talk...
__________________
Zac_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #52
SSU Moderator
Garage is empty, add now
 
RyanJ's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 4,858
Send a message via AIM to RyanJ
Default

This is so stupid. A) yes, duh, you can obviously do lots for less. no ****. B) if nelson can get 52k who the **** cares. you wouldn't?

Think about who's paying the 52k? They can, and will pay it. These are the same guys that have like Steilow build them a 69 camaro. STFU and let Nelson make his money. he builds really nice, well performing motors....and yes, you pay for the name, the look, and the time. if you can do it for less...do it. no ones stopping anyone. welcome to capitalism. thanks.
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #53
9 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
Broke EF's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Carol Stream IL
Posts: 982
Send a message via AIM to Broke EF
Default

I have seen a LOT of big HP, fast *** turbo cars without mirrored turbos or equal length plumbing.

Sean
__________________
Project: 1996 Camaro RS | Daily: 1998 Honda Civic
Broke EF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #54
FormerVendor
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia Beach,Virginia
Posts: 2,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
Wow, you guys are a bunch of idiots... Shawn, so are you making your own turbos these days because the last time I checked you used other companies turbos? And I'm pretty sure Phil nor Big Bird makes their own turbos either... ASC qualifications don't make you more suited to talk about turbos. LOL

It's an LS1 T/A Smoke...

It's easy for you guys to talk **** when Nelson's not here to defend himself. SO many trolls...

ryabrough, funny that you post a pic of a troll when it's your first post in this thread... Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?

I sent Nelson a email, so maybe he can chime in and defend himself against all the **** talk...
nobody is talking **** about Nelson-in fact i said it was a pretty fair price.

The problem is you talking all of this **** about mirrored turbos and how much better they are.When you have some first hand knowledge of this instead of internet or magazine knowledge-and some proof of this-come see me.Until then there is really nothing to discuss.
Shawn @ VA Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #55
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
ryarbrough's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 18
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 1,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
Wow, you guys are a bunch of idiots... Shawn, so are you making your own turbos these days because the last time I checked you used other companies turbos? And I'm pretty sure Phil nor Big Bird makes their own turbos either... ASC qualifications don't make you more suited to talk about turbos. LOL
A few questions... Do you make your own turbos? Do you even own a turbo car? Have you ever? What makes you so knowledgable about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
It's an LS1 T/A Smoke...
The lights do look like LT1 tails in that picture, but assuming it's your car, YOU WIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
It's easy for you guys to talk **** when Nelson's not here to defend himself. SO many trolls...
Noone has said anything negative. He makes a great product and packages/promotes/etc. it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
ryabrough, funny that you post a pic of a troll when it's your first post in this thread... Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?
I don't care if it's my first post or my 1,000th in this thread... I call 'em like I see 'em. It was only a matter of time before someone else called you a troll, so I did them a favor and took care of it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed View Post
I sent Nelson a email, so maybe he can chime in and defend himself against all the **** talk...
Great! He would be a welcome member of this board. I'm sure he/his staff have plenty of useful knowledge to help this forum grow.
__________________
99 Formula - Forged 347, MS4, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L Heads, ZEX Perimeter Plate, TH400, Yank Eliminator 3600

10.08 @ 134 - 435 hp NA through the big auto

Richmond Performance Musclecars...The Real RPM!
ryarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #56
Registered User
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Default Nelson

Hi Guys i just joined up .I read the comments above I built the mirrored turbo mainly for packaging it always bugged me that you had to make two different headers intake conduits etc..To me it makes sense I also feel that any time you can make one side of the motor perform the same as the other side its a benefit for how the motor runs how much i don't no every app is different.its a arguement that could go on forever,But its a good idea and definetely not a negative.Mainly though its for the overall clean symetrical packaging you get from it.That was my push to create it.
On pricing i actually feel that our engines are priced very well because its not just an engine you get we give you the headers,intercoolers,fuel pumps,stand alone management ,ignition and its tuned.I hear alot lately that Nelson is only for the rich but the reality is if you are in the market for what we sell are packages are actually a bargain.I actually called some of well known builders in the industry to see what they sold there packages for and was suprised to hear most were quite a bit more exspensive and did not include headers or coolers.You don't realize it until you actually have to go threw a full build like this,and pay for the fab, the towing ,the tuning etc..Anyways its good to meet everyone it looks like this is quite a big forum and alot to learn from you guys.Thank you Zac for your interest in our products.
Tom Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #57
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
danger ds's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nelson View Post
Hi Guys i just joined up .I read the comments above I built the mirrored turbo mainly for packaging it always bugged me that you had to make two different headers intake conduits etc..To me it makes sense I also feel that any time you can make one side of the motor perform the same as the other side its a benefit for how the motor runs how much i don't no every app is different.its a arguement that could go on forever,But its a good idea and definetely not a negative.Mainly though its for the overall clean symetrical packaging you get from it.That was my push to create it.
On pricing i actually feel that our engines are priced very well because its not just an engine you get we give you the headers,intercoolers,fuel pumps,stand alone management ,ignition and its tuned.I hear alot lately that Nelson is only for the rich but the reality is if you are in the market for what we sell are packages are actually a bargain.I actually called some of well known builders in the industry to see what they sold there packages for and was suprised to hear most were quite a bit more exspensive and did not include headers or coolers.You don't realize it until you actually have to go threw a full build like this,and pay for the fab, the towing ,the tuning etc..Anyways its good to meet everyone it looks like this is quite a big forum and alot to learn from you guys.Thank you Zac for your interest in our products.
wow I guess word travels fast on the net. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I call BS on this is actually him , anyone want to second that.
__________________

01 WS6 A4,228R cam,TSP ls6 stage 1 heads, LT headers, Cutout, Lid, 3200 Yank, 3.73 gears
danger ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #58
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,641
Default

well BS or not. my 52 k would go to shawn and most other sponsors on here before it would go to Nelson.
Big_Bird_WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #59
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now
 
LivingCanvas's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger ds View Post
wow I guess word travels fast on the net. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I call BS on this is actually him , anyone want to second that.
Im with you, gotta throw the flag on this one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
why was that civic in the last race shooting sparks from underneath??

He must have hit the NAWWWZZZ and blew the floorpan off

Last edited by LivingCanvas; 06-18-2010 at 04:38 PM..
LivingCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #60
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 6
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: LV NV
Posts: 1,041
Default

You guys are comparing apples to oranges.....LOl

Shawns clients are different from Nelsons. They may over lap slightly but in most cases they are different. That doesnt make one group better then the other, they are just different markets. Most of teh time, Shawns customers probably spend less, but probably put in more of their own time, on the car, on the set up, on the knowledge to own the car. Nelson probably deals with a slightly less versed customer (most of the time) Hot rodders that are busy at their primary business what ever that may be, and the hotrod takes a back seat. They still want it and have the funds....its actually cost savings to them because they make more then saving money on the build with their own time.

Just different.
__________________
Lots of cars and a few bikes
1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply

Tags
cams, cost, engine, engines, forced, induction, kits, ls1, miller, nelson, race, racing, shawn, turbo, youtube


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details