Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Very odd issue on turbo ls6

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very odd issue on turbo ls6

Basically I will give a run down of a random issue I've been having. Basically car will idle and run strong. Then sound will change and a whole bank of coils will just quit working. Sometimes it will come back and cut out. Sometimes it runs fine. Very random. As far as things I've checked and looked at. Coil packs are relocated and all seem to work. 12 volts is supplyed via the pink wire even when a side drops out. grounds on head are attached via one bolt. " I was told that they need to be seperated on two bolts?" Have yet to try that. Plugs are tr6's with new wires and all protected from heat. Engine has two heavy grounds. I visually check the spark at each coil and when its running good a nice purple spark is there. When a side drops nothing. Even more bizzare is if I pull a wire off the coil it will bring the side back almost like there is a interfence in signal or something. Hope thats enough detail but feel free to ask if I missed something.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a gound issue. Voltage is not where it shoud be. go through and test each ground. all grounds should have 0 volts at it or near it.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go through your wiring harness and see if anything has gone wrong. If the whole bank goes dead intermittently, I think the problem won't be as localized as the coils and wires. I'm unsure how LS1's get information to the coils when to fire, but check the wires from the pcm to that bank of coils, something could of gotten burnt, pinched, ect. Also check under everything that has heat protection on it. I had a set of spark plug wires get burnt on my LT1 car under some nice heat protection, so its always good to look to make sure.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

PCM fires the coils from individual wires, so it almost has to be a voltage loss in the pink wire or bad ground. Two new wires would prob cure it.

Quick Reply: Very odd issue on turbo ls6