Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1SC on silverado 2007 classic body

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face P1SC on silverado 2007 classic body

i have a chevy silverado 2500HD 2007 classic body with 6.0 engine, the moods i have on the truck (P1SC with 3.2 pulley-linginfelter GT2-3 cam with a double spring- walbro fuel pump 225lph-double timing belt-60 pound fuel injectors-hooker longtube headers-magna flow mafler with the original 3.5inck pipes)

at the first i get the 10 psi but the problem now i cant get over 8 psi and the gauge didnt hold on 8 psi at a nano second it goes direct to 5 psi!!!!

6rip belt and it not original a thought i have some sliping but this is the same belt!!!

the weather here is at 12:00PM almost 54 C and at the night 46 C, do you think that the weather effect on the boost!!!!

do i have to buy the D1SC or not!!!! i get 480rwhp and the tuner told me i will keep your truck to be a littile pit rich for your safety coz everything is stock!!!! and i get 450rwhp!!!! my target is 550-600 RWHP!!!

so what should i do!!

do i need a forged pistons!!!!
do i need a bigger SC!!!
help needed please
Old 06-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Teching In

any opinion??
Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 AM
TECH Regular

id go with the bigger blower regardless of whether or not the belt is slipping
Old 06-18-2010, 06:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I think you're seeing belt slippage, what does the dyno graph look like? A new blower belt will often appear to be too small to fit on the blower, but after a half an hour to an hour of use the belt will stretch out. During this break in time the engine should be kept from going wide open throttle, until the belt is tightened back down after it stretches. Once a blower belt slips it is more prone to slippage. You might also check to see if the air filter is too restrictive, by taking it off and making one run to see if you see more boost. If you do see more boost, then either the filter is too small or it needs cleaned. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dimetweaker
id go with the bigger blower regardless of whether or not the belt is slipping
Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I think you're seeing belt slippage, what does the dyno graph look like? A new blower belt will often appear to be too small to fit on the blower, but after a half an hour to an hour of use the belt will stretch out. During this break in time the engine should be kept from going wide open throttle, until the belt is tightened back down after it stretches. Once a blower belt slips it is more prone to slippage. You might also check to see if the air filter is too restrictive, by taking it off and making one run to see if you see more boost. If you do see more boost, then either the filter is too small or it needs cleaned. Bob
thanks gents

can you recommend any engine belt to me and it would be better if you give the part number!!!

and i will try to remove the filter and i will keep you posted
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Belt slip issues with the truck kits are a result of only using a 6-rib belt and using the weak factory belt tensioner. I have a solution for both of these problems, if your interested send me a pm.

Regarding the 600 rwhp goal, it would benefit you to step up to the D1sc in my opinion. I would think you'd have to spin the hell out of that p1 to see those power levels. IAT's would be lower at that power level with the D1 as well as you would not have to spin it to the moon.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown06
Belt slip issues with the truck kits are a result of only using a 6-rib belt and using the weak factory belt tensioner. I have a solution for both of these problems, if your interested send me a pm.

Regarding the 600 rwhp goal, it would benefit you to step up to the D1sc in my opinion. I would think you'd have to spin the hell out of that p1 to see those power levels. IAT's would be lower at that power level with the D1 as well as you would not have to spin it to the moon.
PM sent

Quick Reply: P1SC on silverado 2007 classic body