Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS kit on all stock 02 camaro ss A4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS kit on all stock 02 camaro ss A4?

i just bought a 02 ss about a month ago like the title says its all stock a4. the car in not my dd but i want to build it as if it was. ive been looking at cam, gears, stall and full exhaust or going sts. will the sts mess up my reliability? ive had several nitrous rides but never turbo so its all new to me. the car will see little to no track time. i just want a nice hard pulling back road cruiser that turns heads in town also. i just sold one of my sportbikes so ive got around a 5k budget possibly more if need be. so i guess the main question is will the base kit 5psi be friendly to me and my car for miles to come or will i be looking at broken parts right round the corner?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:02 AM
12 Second Club

Oh easily the sts is safe and awesome on gas as long as your not WOT on EVERY road. lol Very street friendly man - you'd love it. I would like to do this as well but... we shall see.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Veteran

honestly, if you are looking for just a back road cruiser that will be fun, and VERY VERY reliable, then you need to be looking at the procharger setups. It will turn just as many heads, and be way way more dependable.

Hell, im a turbo guy to the bone, but if i was building for reliability and just some fun when i want it, then you should be talking to bob at brute speed.

Last edited by JAX04; 07-29-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the set-up is super street friendly and would be great for your car.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

with only a 5k budget, I don't think you should even consider any type of FI right now. Your A4 tranny will definately go out sooner rather than later, and that will be 3k right off the bat. You don't want to half *** anything either, cause you'll just end up replacing parts again down the road.

My advice... do the cam, gears, stall, bolt ons first and enjoy the car while you save up a real budget (8-10k). Spend the extra money and get the premium parts the first time. Then when you're ready, add in the turbo setup.

Quick Reply: STS kit on all stock 02 camaro ss A4?