Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

When to rebuild a 427 800RWHP engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to rebuild a 427 800RWHP engine

Ok engine is making 800RWHP though IRS and is spinning a F1C procharger so im guessing its making maybe 1000hp at the crank ?

When should i just rebuild this before i have any issues to keep from anything major failing ?

It is built on a Warhawk block with a 4.125 x 4 inch stroke. What should be replaced? what should be checked? a guess of what it might cost to have work done ?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's hard to say because everyone drives differently and faults happen randomly. Me personally I would get the oil checked (send a sample in) every 12k or so to see what kind of metal if any I have in there. Plus having a oil pressure gauge would help (if there is a drop in pressure or high rise)
Old 07-17-2010, 05:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Provided you don't go wide open throttle before the engine temps stabilize, which is very hard on these engines, (and the sleeves don't drop in that Warhawk block), I would expect the engine to last many years. 800 rwhp isn't stressing a well built LS engine. If you are seeing more blow-by than you use to, and oil consumption is becoming a problem, then the rings may be getting worn. Cylinder head valvesprings are one of the first items to wear out with a forced induction engine, and if the engine has several seasons on it, they would be the first thing I would replace. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website