Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Cam suggestions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Cam suggestions needed

I have a rearmount on a 9.2:1 LT1 after reading I think I will use a reverse split since I have stock manifolds.

I will have an MP76 .96 or .68 T4 (I have both housings) and thinking of using 220/215 that would give me -5 degrees split and should provide power through ~5800. As for power 475 - 525 is what I hope to get to the ground.

Another reason for the small cam is it will have ported aluminum heads with stock valves. This is a low cost build that has been running and being tweaked since Dec 07

Appreciate any input
Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not a fan of any cam that has more duration on the intake than the exhaust, no point in letting more air in and not giving it the same amount duration to let it get out. I would give speedinc a call, they've been boosting street cars with mild cams for years, they can give you the right cam.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

I got the idea for reverse split duration from Garretts write up on turbos using manifolds. I know the LT1 manifolds aren't my friend but they are on the car and I am hopeful they will be capable of ~500 rwhp.

Garretts rationale goes that manifolds have exhaust to intake pressure ratios of 2 to 4:1 and the reverse split helps limit the impact of the high exhaust pressure.

I do not know what is right, I am hoping to avoid doing something stupid. On my drag car I have a 232/234 solid grind but that has turbo headers...

Thanks for writing I haven't ordered the cam and probably won't for a week or more