Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bone stock LT1 + STS turbo kit, expectations?

Old 07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bone stock LT1 + STS turbo kit, expectations?

Well I have a BONE STOCK lt1 SS car, that I plan on doing a forged 370 and 88mm front mount with... but I came across a stupid deal on a brand new sts turbo setup. So I think I'm going to pick it up tonight and play around with it on an otherwise completely stock A4 car.

I've had 6 fbodies now ranging from stock to an NA 408, but I haven't owned anything turbo yet. I just want to do it to have some fun with for the rest of summer, before it gets torn down to be built over winter. My question is, what can I expect out of this? 400whp on pump gas? I'l probably just bolt on the kit then take it straight to the dyno. I'm not planning on dragging it, just playing around on the highway for now. I do have a set of bigs/littles for when I feel like tearing up the trans and rear.

Anything else STS specific I need to correct/replace?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

400 sounds fair but why not just sell it since you got a steal and use the money to get the real go fast parts imho
Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Well I picked it up, it's a complete STS kit with an upgraded Garrett P-trim 67mm turbo. TIAL waste gate and BOV, ford 42lb injectors, and autometer boost gauge. The waste gate came with an 8.6lb spring.

I could sell it.. but I could have fun with it. It's a toss up. Kinda like this car, I got a pretty good deal on it as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bone stock LT1 + STS turbo kit, expectations?