Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hooking Up 3 Bar MAP Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooking Up 3 Bar MAP Sensor

What needs to be done to hook up a 3 Bar MAP sensor to a 99 F-Body? Already have a 3 bar tune, just needs to be uploaded. I just need to know if anything must be done before I can plug in a reflash....

-Dave
Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

which part# do you have and did you get the new pigtail for it?
p.s. what are ya doin know dave?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by So.jerZ-28
which part# do you have and did you get the new pigtail for it?
p.s. what are ya doin know dave?
Fast 3 Bar no pigtail, made my the clip....having problems, keep geting getting a low voltage code for the MAP....as far as what I'm doing I'm trying to get this MAP to work....
Old 08-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Any more input?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

as far as I know with the map/maf/tune:

my car for example:
3 bar map
maf removed & maf plug just taped off w/electrical tape to keep dirt & such out.
install speed density tune & dyno
than drive it !!!

yes you can start up car w/ maf disconnected

dave as for your low voltage issue...... is your wiring correct? are you sure pins in map sensor are good/solid connections? I used a ac delco pigtail to avoid any issues with the contacts and futzin around w/making the pins work and such

p.s. you can keep the maf if you want. can be utilized in tune to help with start up/idling/drivability

oh, yeah, Dave

tell your boy Rob to call me. I still have the bottle/purge & solenoids sittin here w/out line,fittings or nozzle.
p.s. Bill broke axles last night...some good stuff went on last nite. you missed out.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Restricted User

oh, yeah, Dave

tell your boy Rob to call me. I still have the bottle/purge & solenoids sittin here w/out line,fittings or nozzle.
p.s. Bill broke axles last night...some good stuff went on last nite. you missed out.
I heard....but I don't associate with the circle anymore....and how much you want for the rest of the nitrous stuff?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zero4488
I heard....but I don't associate with the circle anymore....and how much you want for the rest of the nitrous stuff?
what is all this circle ****? I'm friends w/ like everyone...from Bill to Ryan to timmy,tony, etc... except NK...lol
so f'n stupid, people need to grow up.

$100.00 for the bottle w/ hiflo valve(think its full), solenoids,switches,& purge. and your boy gives me $50.00

kit together (like it used to be before you guys raped my garage and assortment of fittings) can sell for $250 or better on the street/ebay/craigslist.

let me know.

HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT W/ MAP SENSOR?

I have gm parts all the way(sensor/pigtail). not a real fan of aftermarket electrical parts....only on a need to or unavailible basis I use them!!!

Call me so Don't get : for posting nos $ & b.s. in this section!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Restricted User

what is all this circle ****? I'm friends w/ like everyone...from Bill to Ryan to timmy,tony, etc... except NK...lol
so f'n stupid, people need to grow up.

$100.00 for the bottle w/ hiflo valve(think its full), solenoids,switches,& purge. and your boy gives me $50.00

kit together (like it used to be before you guys raped my garage and assortment of fittings) can sell for $250 or better on the street/ebay/craigslist.

let me know.

HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT W/ MAP SENSOR?

I have gm parts all the way(sensor/pigtail). not a real fan of aftermarket electrical parts....only on a need to or unavailible basis I use them!!!

Call me so Don't get : for posting nos $ & b.s. in this section!
Ight...text you tomorrow about everything and the sensor worked well....just need a fuel pump for it now....

Quick Reply: Hooking Up 3 Bar MAP Sensor