Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech Kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vortech Kit Questions

Im looking at this Vortech V1 Kit (pertty sure V1).

I look though classifieds and see A LOT of people ask if they would sell just the power steering bracket?? Is there something wrong with them? Also I see A lot of kits on Trans Ams so Im sure it will clear my Firehawk hood. Dont know the answer but surely it would. What is a good Air box to run with them? Im new to forced induction but this kit looks too good to pass up. Im working on getting the cash together but just want some input on them! My goals are dip into the 10s and make a little over 600 though a 6 speed on 8 or so lbs (Stock Bottom End)
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is nothing wrong with the power steering brackets that i know of. maybe someone just needed one for whatever reason. and i am pretty sure that the kit would clear your hood as firebird/firehawk owners have more clearance with vortech kits.
as for the airbox/lid situation, thats an on going problem that has been adressed many times. just search up "vortech lid" or even just vortech for that matter and you will see what im talking about.
in the classifieds there is a member selling a t trim kit, which is what i would deff. get if i were you. it already has a bigger sc unit then the stock vortech kit.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Teching In

You can run a custom breather with a cone filter
Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

With the vortech kits (at least the gtrim) you have to relocate the power steering resivior. Why I think people are wanting them is when they buy a used setup or are building them they,re not getting the bracket with the kit. If you are looking at the v1 kit I think your looking at it seems to be a very good and complete kit. He also said he was making 550rwhp with just headers, so with your mods I would say your where you want to be. You can use your stock lid or RMCR has a really nice one. I just upgraded to a Ttrim and can,t wait to get it tuned and to the track. Good luck

Quick Reply: Vortech Kit Questions