Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What to do about APS turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do about APS turbos?

I've got a terrible problem. Someone broke into my shop and stole the two brand new turbos for my APS system. I've tried every where to find something that will work on the kit and I haven't had ANY luck. Does anyone know of ANYTHING that will bolt onto the manifolds and come half way close to working?

I can't believe the way APS is about the whole deal. Talked to them on the phone and was told "We only sell kits, not components"

BTW, it is an Fbody kit.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

It shouldn't be too difficult. Call APS, tell them you need the following data;

- Turbine inlet flange (T2, T3, etc.)
- Turbine outlet flange (4-bolt, 5-bolt Ford style, V-band, etc.)
- Turbine outlet size (2.00", 2.50", etc.)
- Turbine housing a/r
- Compressor cover inlet
- Compressor cover outlet
- Compressor a/r
- CHRA, turbine and compressor wheel specifications

With this data, you can order similar if not exact Garrett or Precision units.

If they won't give you this data in your situation, APS is a joke.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That really sucks! APS's attitude is pretty strange as far as selling parts. So they are still selling the f-body kits?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

Of sells some great replacements. In te long run you might be errrr off as the aps units sucked anyways.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hennytime
Of sells some great replacements. In te long run you might be errrr off as the aps units sucked anyways.
How do I get in touch with these guys? I'm needing to do something ASAP on this.

This is an Fbody kit that I bought off the group buy they had on here about two years ago. It had been setting in storage until about 3 months ago and that's when the turbo's got stolen. I don't think they still sell the Fbody kits.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gomer
I've got a terrible problem. Someone broke into my shop and stole the two brand new turbos for my APS system. I've tried every where to find something that will work on the kit and I haven't had ANY luck. Does anyone know of ANYTHING that will bolt onto the manifolds and come half way close to working?

I can't believe the way APS is about the whole deal. Talked to them on the phone and was told "We only sell kits, not components"

BTW, it is an Fbody kit.
thats sucks, i'd try to e-mail the situation to them. I cant believe they were like that over the phone.

i've ordered components from them via e-mail and it wasnt easy but i got what i wanted and know another board member had success as well.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jordan_NationalSpeed
It shouldn't be too difficult. Call APS, tell them you need the following data;

- Turbine inlet flange (T2, T3, etc.)
- Turbine outlet flange (4-bolt, 5-bolt Ford style, V-band, etc.)
- Turbine outlet size (2.00", 2.50", etc.)
- Turbine housing a/r
- Compressor cover inlet
- Compressor cover outlet
- Compressor a/r
- CHRA, turbine and compressor wheel specifications

With this data, you can order similar if not exact Garrett or Precision units.

If they won't give you this data in your situation, APS is a joke.
it is a custom inlet and outlet flange. so that wont work

to OP call a state side APS dealer. i can send you a few if you need them. just pm me again.

tell them you need to order these parts

755-060-000
755-060-200
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

you really dont want replacement APS cartridges but I see your situation without the housing itself. someone on here sold a pair of APS turbos a while back that were new. maybe if you listed a post in the parts wanted or parts for sale someone might have a pair that they haven't figured out what to do with. If you find some send them to LG motorsports to have them upgraded before you ever install them. save yourself the headache, trust me I've seen this movie!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That's crazy, my LG units got stolen around the same time last year You def don't want the junk stock APS turbos. If you've got the coin, hit up LG or Forced Inductions for some replacements. They'll set you back $25-2800
Old 08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KnightmareLS1
That's crazy, my LG units got stolen around the same time last year You def don't want the junk stock APS turbos. If you've got the coin, hit up LG or Forced Inductions for some replacements. They'll set you back $25-2800
but that has no exhaust housing. that is why he is fucked. i say just first buy the **** from APS again. then go from there
Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was going to say would have two aps for you but then realized also that using the aps exhaust housings and just putting in LG cartridges and LG uses different front inlets. But you would still be missing exhaust housings.

Aps service really seems to be zero and I would never buy another product from them again. That said my kit is working pretty good and still on the stock aps turbos although one was internally cracked so been running both of them on just oil cooling not water coolign for like 7000 miles now So far they are still boosting and not seeing any huge clouds of oil out the back either. I have replacement LG cartridges to install.

You may have to buy another complete kit used or sell the aps kit for cheap since its missing the turbos. I and other aps guys might be willing to buy parts from your kit just to have spares.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Peter from aps emailed me and tried to help me. I told him what I had went thru when I called APS and he said he would try to locate me some turbos. He emailed me back later that night and said there were no Fbody turbos left and there are no plans to build any more Fbody turbos.. so in other words I'm pretty much fucked on trying to get some from APS.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

For sure a problem since they are not even stocking spare parts. And since while they use a common enough 20g type center cartridge they use their own exhaust housing. And pretty sure its pretty hard to fab one up. So you are screwed. You have to sell that kit for cheap as said possibly someone wants it for other spare parts and then maybe buy a modular kit. Not sure if they use their own special exhaust housing or not.

APS has really screwed the pooch on the way they have handled things with the knock off turbos and replacement parts. As I said it would be a cold day in hell before would ever buy another aps kit for any future car.

You are not going to find any aps guys with the parts you need as when we replace the turbos we replace the center snails and possibly the compressor inlets not the exhaust housings.

Sorry broh.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Gomer.

i have a little plan up my sleeve. give me till monday. i might have some turbos for you. they will be the stock ****. but should work
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
Gomer.

i have a little plan up my sleeve. give me till monday. i might have some turbos for you. they will be the stock ****. but should work

Stock would be fine with me, and I'll buy the LG upgrades for them... this kit is going on a 427 inch engine. Anything you can find would be wonderful. I would settle for just some exhaust housings so that I can buy the LG upgrades for them.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Coal Mining Director

What was APS thinking when they designed the kit for a goof ball one off turbo that can not be bought...................
Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onfire
What was APS thinking when they designed the kit for a goof ball one off turbo that can not be bought...................
money
Old 08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would have been a lot easier on a lot of people if they had used a common exhaust housing.

Good Luck, that will be a super nice kit with the lg upgrades
Old 08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah since company is still around they should make at least replacment parts but then again what are the odds of someone stealing the turbos? I was more worried what if exhaust housing cracks down the road. But worry about it I guess when the time comes if the time comes. And by then might have sold the car or could go to another kit.
Definitely would have been nice to have standard housings. Exhaust manifolds are also aps specific. I think those are pretty much the only parts that might be a problem.They use their own downpipes but those look pretty well made don't see problem with them.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure if this helps but on one of those "made in china" trader type websites someone found the parts for the APS kit. I searched but couldn't find it. The manifolds even said APS on them but the listing didn't mention APS

Quick Reply: What to do about APS turbos?