Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-body screw and roots blower ppl enter

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F-body screw and roots blower ppl enter

Hello,

So I have been doing some research on these style of blowers. I know there is going to be major fitment issues with the cowl and what not and I hear some options to this is cut the cowl and/or drop the k-member down using spacers. My question to you guys who are running these blowers, what exactly did you do to get your blower to fit? (pics and/or build threads would be nice)

My second question is that I see many kits for trucks, the GTO, the corvette etc etc etc. If memory servers me correctly, the corvette accessories are spaced closer to the engine compared to fbody accessories. What about the GTO/truck accessories. Are they spaced out the same as 98-02 fbodies?

Now I have a motor that can handle any type of boost. Right now with the head and head gasket configuration I am at 9.6:1 to 9.7:1 static compression with my 408. I am running a tiny 226/228 on 575 lift on a 114 LSA. The motor in this configuration is quite torquey and would like to make the car a 60ft monster with the proper suspension.at the same time making 500 to 600+ hp

Last and final question, what kits/blower configurations are out that I should keep and eye out for.

I know I can make more power with a turbo or centrifugal. I am in a heavy car and would like to do something that is a bit different and has a nice kick out of the hole.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

mti used to make a magnacharger(roots) kit but im not sure if they still do. here is some info on it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ail-order.html

i think dragon racing is making a whipple(screw) kit.

Last edited by sixpack_2_go; 08-09-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Launching!

I am in the process of adding a TVS2300 to my ls1 out of a 2000 camaro. The 2004 gto kit is the one you want (if you go tvs 1900/2300) because the throttle by cable and the pully spacing will be correct. Truck kits will put the pully too far away from the engine, corvette too close. ctsv, gto,f car all have the same spacing. I cant help with cowl fitment, but in my research of fitting the gto parts on my f-car engine i found that the 1900 can be made to fit with little work to the cowl, the 2300 will take more cutting to fit. But i cant help you with that...

With aforged 408 i would do everything i could to fit the 2300, your motor is perfect for that blower....

Quick Reply: F-body screw and roots blower ppl enter