Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

RACEPAK... IQ3 vs UDX ? whats better for ForcedInduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RACEPAK... IQ3 vs UDX ? whats better for ForcedInduction

ok guys i realy need your help here Racepak owners... im about to order mine but dont know wich one is better. dod both have guages to display boost & AirFuelRatio? and wich one would be easier to install and what else would i need to buy to make it work... like sensors or my stock sensor will work with it.
i laso have the BigStuff 3 in the truck plug & play or not?..........thanks guys for the help
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is ther a IQ3 or UDX dash pak that connects to the BS3(plug&play)??? and where can i get it.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
FormerVendor

It really comes down to personal pref. of what you like better between the displays. Both are made plug and play with BS3 if you have the VNet output plug in you BS3 box. If not, you will have to send your BS3 box back to them to have that plug added.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ohh ok man all i know is that my BS3 box has 4 ports to plug sumthing in there... 1 is for the engine harness i guess it dose has it but ill call BS3 tommorow and Racepak.
so both will work rigth eather one. thanks
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your BS3 needs what is called the CAN option. Its a cable that comes out of the BS3 box itself that plugs into the back of the Racepak dash. Its about a $400 upgrade. I personally got the Racepak UDX/SR dash. I did not need the record option due to my BS3 having a data logger. The SR dash also had a speedometer and odometer which makes it streetlegal.

Call Racepak and they will give you the differences between the dashes.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

like already said...you need to have your BS3 updated with the CAN option. Then you need to buy the UDX-BS3 model racepak...totally pimp...one wire hookup. The BS3 provides power, ground, and signal thru the CAN bus to the racepak...

with that setup...the BS3 will send several available signals to the dash. I used RPM, Boost, AFR and water temp from the BS3 through the CAN bus.

I also ran two analog wires to autometer sensors that read fuel and oil pressure...

you can also program the warning lights on certain events. I have both light up at a shift point and just one light up if oil pressure drops below a certain threshold.

Pic I took 2 yrs ago with it powered up and running...

Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fireball
like already said...you need to have your BS3 updated with the CAN option. Then you need to buy the UDX-BS3 model racepak...totally pimp...one wire hookup. The BS3 provides power, ground, and signal thru the CAN bus to the racepak...

with that setup...the BS3 will send several available signals to the dash. I used RPM, Boost, AFR and water temp from the BS3 through the CAN bus.

I also ran two analog wires to autometer sensors that read fuel and oil pressure...

you can also program the warning lights on certain events. I have both light up at a shift point and just one light up if oil pressure drops below a certain threshold.

Pic I took 2 yrs ago with it powered up and running...

thanks man it sounds realy nice and easy to install. i see you went with the UDX right. ima get the IQ3 with the BS3 interface so latter on i can get the data logger.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike06tork
thanks man it sounds realy nice and easy to install. i see you went with the UDX right. ima get the IQ3 with the BS3 interface so latter on i can get the data logger.

don't know if you can get an IQ3 to work with the BS3 can...they make a specific UDX that does that (what I have). BS3 can also data log if you have the DAI option...
Old 08-11-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like Fireball said, I believe the only dash that works with the BS3 is the UDX dash. If you wanted to data log later on you can add the racepak data logger box with the sensors. The way the CAN cable is designed, its stackable, if that makes sense. Once you see the cable you will see what I mean.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

Cool

Originally Posted by Fireball
don't know if you can get an IQ3 to work with the BS3 can...they make a specific UDX that does that (what I have). BS3 can also data log if you have the DAI option...
The iq3 display dash will work with the bs3 can

email racepak for more details or look at their iq3 tech section on their forum

Quick Reply: RACEPAK... IQ3 vs UDX ? whats better for ForcedInduction