Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

would i be ok to turbo my cammed 02 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would i be ok to turbo my cammed 02 trans am

well i have a few friends who want me to turbo my t/a. i would like to do this, but if i do im going to custom make this set up. could someone help me out with a good set up. like the turbo size bov size wastegate size. i got an idea of for the piping. my car does have headers. i know that is a down fall for the rear mounts set up. the car does have a good size cam too. i dont know if this will help me or not. i dont want to put to much boost to the car maybe like 4 or 5 psi. the car makes 407 whp now. i know i said i want to make 500 whp but if it makes more thats cool. i just dont want to mess up the bottom end. cause i really would not want to replace that. i just want to see what i can do with the car with the stock bottom end. the car is not my dd. i dont take it to the track alot maybe like 5 times sence i owned it. i just want the fun of driving it. really not looking to go crazy with it. i really want it for the fun of driving it on the streets. so that being said any help would be great. like i said i do want to do the work. so i want to do the rear mount not front mount. so help me out if at all possible.
the car is cam only no heads or intake and its m6
thanks again hope i can get started soon