Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New project car, new engine, advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New project car, new engine, advice needed

So after finishing up my 98 camaro project car making 760 rwhp with a 348 and a D1 I am looking to go bigger and badder with a old school muscle car. To this end I picked up a 72 chevelle rolling chassis.

This is going to be a street car with a build to hell 4l80 trans. I know that I want to go big cube, a F-2 procharger with intercooler, I want fuel injection. I call it a "street" car only because my work schedule never lets me see the track but it will be tubbed and probably caged.

Here is where the choices come in, I am looking at either a 572 ci gen VI big block or a LSX block in either a 427 or a 454 configuration. Either way it has to run on 93 octane but I am willing to do another dual nozzle meth injection setup. Question is is any bore/stroke combo more conducive to lots of boost than another figuring equal strength parts?

Power goals, whatever the max pump gas and meth will support with the F2 .decent heads, cam and exaust, i would expect 1000+

Experience and input is greatly appreciated, so let the debate begin
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a thread over on yellowbullet of a stock 454ho crate motor, with a supervic, csu blow-tru, non intercooled s480 with meth making over 1100hp, and it was a very cheap setup