Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Recommendations for BPVs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recommendations for BPVs

I am upgrading from an s-trim to a t-trim. My only experience for bypass valves is with the standard bpv that comes with the vortech kits. I'm looking for upwards of 12 psi and more from this blower. I'm trying to sort between the Procharger enclosed race valve vs. the Vortech mondo vs. something like a Turbosmart Raceport BOV (which I've been recommended to go with). Which would you go with in your experience and why?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Launching!

i would go with the procharger open race valve, thats jsut me like the sound of it, but out of those i would go with the procharger one.i was going to get a race valve but i sold my d1sc. ive heard alot of people have problems with the vortech mondo with anything over 10psi.

and the turbosmart bov, im not sure how your car is setup but you might want to look into the tuning aspect since there will be more air going into the TB because of the n/c compared to the n/o valve you have now.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

overhere, thanks for the good advice. I was hoping I'd hear more from others on the topic, but what you provided seems to cover what I expect to be the case. As far as the turbosmart, I have one of the best tuners possible to help me with my tuning. He suggested the turbosmart and I ended up buying one today.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for BPVs