Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What kind of turbo is this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What kind of turbo is this?

Hey guys, i don't know what kind of turbo this is on my car. As far as i know its the turbo that came with the original STS kit. I'm wanting to purchase a rebuild kit for it. Seems that the oil seals have went out on the turbo cause this thing smokes like a diesel under a heavy load. it never did this before my but scavage pump went a while back. and after i got it fixed it started with the smoking crap.

Also went i get into high boost the boost pressure is blowing past the seals and into the oil lines. Its making my oil pressure alarm buzz at a very high pulse, not a steady tone. Also i popped the hook and noticed the oil dipstick was blown out of the tube a good 3 inches.

I did notice the turbine wheel had some play in it. when you sit the turbo on exhaust side and grab the compressor wheel nut you can not pull it out but it has some side to side play.

Anyway here are some pictures. The only thing i seen stamped on the turbo was A/R .60 and A/R .81 you can see it in the pictures. Thanks guys

***I just noticed in my Signature it says T-60 but thats just what i was told by the owner. But after having this car and seeing some of the things he's done its all here say.***

Old 10-07-2010, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Hey thanks for the help guys
Old 10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Veteran

looks like the sts unit, i think precision hp60 or something like that???
Old 10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Standard 60mm Garrett CHRA.

Quick Reply: What kind of turbo is this?