Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MAX Turbo BOOST with 93 Octane

Old 02-01-2004, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAX Turbo BOOST with 93 Octane

Assuming an 8.5 to 1 LS1 and 82 degree outside temperature, what has been your experience with the MAX boost one could hope to acheive in this environment (no alky or water injection) using 93 octane. I myself had calculated that 6-7 PSI would be it but I needed some REAL world experiences with this if you guys have it.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sr71bb
Assuming an 8.5 to 1 LS1 and 82 degree outside temperature, what has been your experience with the MAX boost one could hope to acheive in this environment (no alky or water injection) using 93 octane. I myself had calculated that 6-7 PSI would be it but I needed some REAL world experiences with this if you guys have it.

You really can't say how much boost you can run, just based on boost numbers, compression ratio and octane. With our computer controls you will be able to run more power (notice I did not say boost because that does not matter to much, its flow that counts). That being said you still have to now the efficiency of the system (engine, intercooler, and turbo/supercharger) to even get close.

Just for reference I am running 9 psi on an Incon twin kit with 91 octane and completely stock motor (10.1 compression ratio) and no alky/water or propane, etc. This is at 4200 ft elevation so that 9 psi would be equivalent to about 7 psig at sealevel (a little less). I am not running a heck of a lot of timing or making that much power. Max timing at 4800 rpm is 17 deg. I don't have horsepower numbers but based on air flow
of around 355 g/s which equates to about 470 fwhp. I really can't get anymore out of it without more octane, followed by a fuel pump and fuel system (currently have a walbro340gs, 50 lb injectors and stock fuel lines).

Anyway depending on the what system (even the not so efficient setups) 6-7 psi should not be a problem with tuning

Gary
Old 02-02-2004, 02:41 AM
TECH Resident

come on Greg, just run some 116 and crank the boost up to 20. i swear it will be safe.

we have 116 in stock!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TApimp
come on Greg, just run some 116 and crank the boost up to 20. i swear it will be safe.

we have 116 in stock!
That would be too easy. Needs to run on 93!!!! LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAX Turbo BOOST with 93 Octane