Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Problem with Pulley/Bracket on D1SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Pulley/Bracket on D1SC

Well I go to put my head unit on the J-bracket last night and....the pulley is hitting the J-bracket. I am using an 8 rib 4.63 pulley, when I put the 3.5" 6 rib pulley on it of course it doesn't have the diameter but sets up higher off the bracket than the 4.63 8 rib does, therefore if I was using a 6 rib 4.63 pulley it wouldnt happen If the 8 rib had the clearance like the 6 rib does then I wouldn't be having this issue. So I'm wondering, is there another spacer that is supposed to go behind the 8 rib pulley to make the correct offset? Or what is going on here?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Check out the spacers and standoffs in the above ( and apparently very large...) picture. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes 8 rib head unit pulleys need a .2" shim that goes between the pulley and the supercharger. Usually Procharger sells them as two .1" shims instead of a single, but the measurement is the same. They aren't that expensive direct from Procharger, give them a call and they will know what you are talking about.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Aster, I'm sure that has to be my problem. All my spacers and offsets are correct for the 8 rib. I just have one shim behind my blower pulley and I figured that was probably the problem. I'll get them on the way and post back up. I'm ready to finish this thing haha

Quick Reply: Problem with Pulley/Bracket on D1SC