Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

use my fresh lm7 5.3 or a alum lh6 5.3 boosted?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default use my fresh lm7 5.3 or a alum lh6 5.3 boosted?

i posted this on yellowbullet as well but wanted as many opinions as possible on the subject to make my mind up:

i pulled a lh6 all alum 5.3liter few weeks ago and was wondering how much boost and hp these stock lh6's could do with turbo cam,ls7lifters/headstuds/gm hgaskets/rod bolts?? i'm done with my dragboat iron blocked 5.3 build, its ready to run whenever i put it on the boat but im seriously thinking bout using the lh6 for weight savings, butttt if its not gna make nearly the power its no worth the effort. i need at least 800hp at the crank.
i converted a lm7 5.3 to a 58x 4x signal motor, so this lh6 alum 5.3 already has that, would be jus tranfering my valvetrain over into it, and using the non afm valley cover to eliminate the dod lifters, use the new ls7's lifters.

stay iron block lm7 at 18lbs or go alum lh6 with ???lbs

i personally put fresh updated gm pistons in the lh6 a few months ago, it has the floating rods in it, my lm7 doesnt
Old 11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im willing to oring the alum blocked lh6 5.3 to help contain cylinder pressures, i jus havent herd anyone use the lh6 motors for boosted apps, but if i can oring the alum block and make 800+ with it, id like too.

Quick Reply: use my fresh lm7 5.3 or a alum lh6 5.3 boosted?