Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

do sts turbos really work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do sts turbos really work?

wanting to go the turbo route and all articles in magizines always say hoe there really isnt any turbo lag. im wondering if this is just because they are mostly on stock motors and run smaller turbos....cuz it seems if i put a t76 in the back of the car it would have some trouble spooling. let me know what you guys think...... oh and it would be going on a 6 speed forged lt1 355 ported stock heads and turbo friendly cam.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out my build in my signature... haven't dynoed as I just got the car back not to long ago and having minor tweaks done that I wanted finished.

hope to dyno it when I get back in the states from business travel in two months or so. Hoping to dyno it prior to MARCH 2011. It is an M6; I however have read and know that when you have an auto with a turbo car it is by far an entire different beast. For me, I like to drive it on the street and switch gears. If I were ever to do anything else to mine, it would be the auto swap.

Also search for Zombie user one here. He has a build. fast as car. There is also Longrange4u that has a kit. Great results. the idea works great and they have gotten good results.

I however will warn you that I hate "Kits" and the word. I have mostly customized mine, and thankfully I live near Moorseville, NC & Salisbury, NC and there are plenty of resources around for custom stuff.

the only important thing to remember, is that with a rear mount setup you want to hold in as much heat as you can, so you wrap all of the exhaust from the END of the manifolds all the way back and you put a turbo blanket on the turbo. You wouldn't believe the difference before and after.... It is probably just like swapping to an auto from a M6 at the dragstrip....

Quick Reply: do sts turbos really work?