Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408 ls twin mp70 build.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408 ls twin mp70 build.....

so all in planning stages, sorry for those hoping for pictures. plan to be a twin mp70, a/a intercooled, 317heads, truck intake, home made headers, etc... uh 800hp goal. basically stuck off step one, with which rotating assembly to use. forged of course, really want to go the callies/compstar/wiseco path but hey, money talks.

just wondering what people are using for their setups. this is my first trial run in forced induction, but super stoked for it!! so far all ive got is an iron lq9 block.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do u have a budget? What is it? I and many others here can tell you from experience that its better to spend the extra money up front. Instead of buyng two MP turbos go with a single turbo of higher quality. (MP isnt horrible but there are better turbos out there)

Jeff
Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

budgets open, this is my dream build and im only doing it once. i get the "just go single" a lot, but im pretty dead set on the twin build, just always wanted to for many reasons. dont mind spending the money as i want it all to be right. just looking to build myself a shortblock right now. piece by piece this trucks gonna take me some years to build.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool. I would talk to an engine builder like LME and they can tell you what you need. 800 isnt all that much so you wont need a crazy shortblock. Id say callies 4in crank, lunati rods, uncoated 4.030 wiseco pistons, good bearings and rings and arp hardware. A good set of ported heads like AFR. Of course if you go with an aluminum ls3 block the bore will be 4.06 and save a little weight. TFS 235 heads with 1/2 head studs and ls9 gaskets will be a great start.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

do a twin it will look good and be a sweet ride

Quick Reply: 408 ls twin mp70 build.....