Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

cheapo FI PCV stage 3 or something

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default cheapo FI PCV stage 3 or something

So last time we did this I went with a coalescing filter, which really is the best thing to catch oil, but turns out they are really low flow and you would need a huge one to really to the job right.

I wanted a better catch can but wanted to mount my relief valve to the top of it, couldnt find what I wanted but I ran across some ricers posting about using aluminum drink bottles.

Went to Target and found this one and once I saw the one in the color of my car I knew it was a must-do mod!

Inside you put the stainless scouring pad first rinsing it good to get any little particles out, mount your fittings to the side, (IN at the bottom, OUT at the top). Definitely do not use a SOS or BRILLO pad... Totally the wrong thing.

I hooked it to a new manifold vacuum source in the back of the intake instead of taking off of the brake booster line. The IN port is connected to the back of each valvecover.

I mounted it to the firewall with a t-bolt clamp.

I gotta say this thing works way better than anything I've used so far, and since it all seals under vacuum I still get the draw on the crankcase I need to keep my low mounted turbo draining correctly. Not shown is the line from the ls2 valley cover to the air filter pre-turbo to draw on the crankcase under boost. Easy to unscrew the cap and dump out the trapped oil.

I was hoping to be able to get rid of the relief valve on the valve cover for looks, but the engine just relieves too much under full boost, so I left it and put the original fill neck back on to keep oil misting out of the breather. Also added the wristband which has completely stopped the oil mist in the engine bay.

Last edited by MIGHTYMOUSE; 08-10-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad *** and very clean. I have the same metal target water bottle. Awesome idea dood!

Quick Reply: cheapo FI PCV stage 3 or something