Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cam help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam help?

Hi, just looking for some cam reccomendations for my project.

I'm swapping a zo6 chassis under my 68 firebird so I'm guessing around 3,400lbs.
Probably keep the stock 3.42 rear gear. Zo6 six speed trans and a 6.0 lq4 with stock 317 heads and most likely a stock f body ls1 intake. Planning to use a bw s400 turbo with 83mm inlet, 1.1 ar.
Beyond that I'm pretty open. Stock zo6 cam or any aftermarket if the extra price is worth it?
Is it worth doing any work to the heads? Or, changing the heads?

Feel free to critique away. Cars primary use will be street driving, followed by road course and then the occasional drag strip outing once in a blue moon.
Thank you, and any other questions ask away.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That sounds like an awesome project! The LS engine can handle a lot more power than the old Pontiac 455. You can make a lot of power with just the turbo, what are your horsepower goals? Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dont have lots of experience with those BW turbos but if I were a betting man, I'd say that will be a lazy combo. I say this mostly due to the 6 speed trans coupled with a relatively large T6 1.1 back housing behind a 370ci motor.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
That sounds like an awesome project! The LS engine can handle a lot more power than the old Pontiac 455. You can make a lot of power with just the turbo, what are your horsepower goals? Bob
Basically I'm looking to clear 600rwhp on pump gas and somewhat more on meth lol. Not looking to shatter any records, just want to best my old pump gas big cube na motor in a more driveable package.

And I'm trying to settle on the turbo, I was torn between the bw or a tc76 with a .96 ar t4 frame. I was leaning towards the bw so I had room to grow in the future but if it's going to be real laggy Im not against going with the smaller one. Any input on turbo selection too?

Quick Reply: Cam help?