Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

any other manifolds as good as the truck ones?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any other manifolds as good as the truck ones?

I know alot of people do the whole truck manifold swapped forward and i hope to attempt to make it work in my regal with some cutting and welding. My question is does any other exhaust manifold flow the same and make the same power as the truck ones? Would like a c6 manifold make same power if everything is equal? What about any other ones that would work for a DIY turbo kit that will not hold back any power. Would these other ones be able to make 1000HP and up like the truck ones? Thanks guys just thinking out loud.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the gto manifolds are nice pieces, i've gotta set of those and they'd work good turning them up and facing foward, was gna use a set on my dragboat deal but ended up making my own logs instead.f-body manifolds arent that great, be tuff to frt mount a turb with em
Old 12-10-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure exactly which ones RCC has on his vette but i want to say they are c6 or c6 z06 manifolds and he made well over a thousand to the ground with pump gas...

Also I know that on some of josh's kit(kytp) you can use the c6 manifolds and there's plenty of people making good numbers with his kits

You might give kytp a call or lmr...those are two companies that I know for sure that have used them...I'm sure there are many other companies as well that have used them that will post up
Old 12-10-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I never ran anything but the truck style in a car, but the C5 Corvette manifolds made great power on the dyno (1500+), just would not fit in the cars I was working with. I really like the C5 better than the truck for shape of the port/manifold.

Kurt

Search this Thread